Thank you for your service-new moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your service-new moderator

I am not a veteran. I am just one of the new moderators and wanted to pop in and thank you for your service. I don't think we thank you all enough.

I live in a state where many people serve, NC. I just want you to know you are appreciated and I am sorry you are sick.

I will leave your board now.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Thank you for your comments, for those that don't know or understand we have the same amount of difficulty getting approved for VA disability and care as others do with SS. The VA considers MS a service connected disability if dx while on active duty or within 7 years of discharge date. The problem is connecting the dots and proving that we were having sx while on active duty and or within the 7 year window.

The VA is much like SS as they have different offices and some are extremely overloaded with claims while others seem to be less busy and process things quicker. The claim back log has gotten much bigger over the last 6-8 yrs as vets returning from middle east are submitting thier claims. I was lucky in that I rcvd an award in less than 2 yrs, there are others here that have been waiting for well over that time period. It is not uncommon to have to wait 2 yrs or more for final determination.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
    X