Walk MS Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk MS Houston

Walk MS Houston is looking to recognize Veterans living with MS during the opening ceremony for Walk MS in Houston on Sunday, November 10th at the University of Houston Main Campus.

The National MS Society will be presenting the colors and singing the National Anthem. Since the walk falls on Veteran's Day, NMSS thought it would be great to recognize some Veterans living with MS.

To learn more, contact Cammy L. Hazim @ 713-394-2955 or cammy.hazim@nmss.org
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

I think veteran's day is the 11th.

Really? There's a walk in Houston every fall? I faithfully work the MS150 every April and didn't know this.

I got a DD214 with an honorable discharge and I've had MS since January 1988 so maybe I'll give Cammy a call.

Tom
    "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
    - Voltaire

Comment

Hey, come on people. I don't want to be the only one there. Any other vets in Houston? What they're doing sounds pretty cool.

Tom
      - Voltaire

Comment

Ok a word from Gomer (USN vet) is;

Veterans Day is usually observed on November 11. However, if it occurs on a Sunday then the following Monday is designated for Vets Day holiday leave / Federal holiday.

In 2012, Veterans Day falls on a Sunday, so Monday, the 12th of November is considered THE federal holiday.

I wonder which day Applebee's, Sams Club etc will honor Veteran's Day, this year?????

BTW good luck on your MS walk. I am far far away from Huston, think Great Lakes and mitten, and could not walk even 1.5 miles if I had to. A first class round trip air fair ticket for both me and my scooter etc might tempt me. How bad does ya want company? ha ha.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Well, I tried cutting and pasting my speech into MSWorld from this morning but MSWorld won't allow this to happen. Speech is available to see at the "other" web site.

Tom
          - Voltaire

Comment

CUT AND PASTE DOABLE

Originally posted by freeinhou View Post
            Well, I tried cutting and pasting my speech into MSWorld from this morning but MSWorld won't allow this to happen. Speech is available to see at the "other" web site.

Tom
            HI TOM!
            Super job for doing the walk. Thanks for doing what many of us want to do, but are limited and unable.

As far as cutting and pasting. I've typed in my lengthy thread several times into OpenOffice .orgwriter and into MicrosoftOffice.
            I don't try to attach the file.
            First I get on MSWorld, go to the place i want to start a thread or post a response. I usually have that pulled up and in place (which forum, etc.) before I copy my work from my processor.(highlight, right click and hit copy)

Put your cursor in the body of the post. It will not paste into the title section.
            Right click again and you should have option to 'paste' hit it. you should have what you copied from your processor in the message section. You may want to click in "Title" and type a title in there. You also can type more or delete some of what you pasted. Whichever you want to do.
            I've been doing this for years on MSW. I tend to be verbous and it's best to type it out and edit before posting it for all to see!
            It shouldn't matter, but another suggestion, if you're using Chrome and it's not working, swap to IE and see if that helps. SOmetimes somethings work on one but not the other.

i hope that helps!
            feel free to email me at poohb3ar@msworld.org if i can help more.

take care and God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
            X