No announcement yet.

Additional C & P claim approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my approval ltr today 100% unemployability along with 20% disability increase. One question Where the heck is my backpay check??? they only gave me back pay to dec 11. Now will have to fight with them again for riembursement of copays back to dec 11, still working with them for the same thing dating back to feb 11. altogether I figure they owe me about 1800.00 now.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

HELP

IM NEW SORRY IM ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY ARE U AND IF SO HOW DID YOU GET OUT WITH DISABLITY

Comment

Preston B-If your question is to me, I have been out since 1987, was not discharged knowing I had MS was not dx until 2008.

Comment

Got my back pay today!!!!! Kind of ironic wife was bugging me all the time asking when I was going to get approved she walked out of here not quite 2 weeks ago and I have rcvd approval and $ since, as she is out of country no worry about her getting any of it. Think we gonna have a party this weekend.

For those just getting started or waiting aproval, it has been less than 2 yrs total for me, 8 months to get 60% and about 9 months for secondary claim and 100% based on unemployability.

Did not realize but with 100% we get commisary and base exchange pr privilgeshange

Comment

Congrats!

No bases near where I am, so not a bennie here.

Some guys just seem to cash in or have the LUCK, i'm jealous. I seem to bash my head into brink walls (& *******) all too often.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot(also tries a lot)

Comment

Such good news
              Another pirated saying:
              Half of life is if.
              When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
              Dogs Rule!

Comment

Gomer if it makes you feel better I have spent my entire life with the proverbiable? thunderstorm over me, if I didn't have bad luck I didn't have any luck at all. I keep ducking something has to go wrong just too much good news in 13 days.

Landlord came over today out of the blue and asked if I was interested in buying the house,I have done a lot of work around the yard and some inside and have it pretty nice now, he said he will finance it and count 1/3 of the rent I have paid in the last 5 yrs as a down payment. Asked him where I needed to sign. he said he will have his lawyer write it up and let me know when we close.

Comment

WoW Scooter... 13 days (my lucky number)

I am hoping for good year next year, yep you guessed it,
                  2013!

I take it the house and neighborhood suit you and fit your needs, and obviously you like it. Sounds like a good deal.

Keep the good news flowing..maybe some tiny bit of it will rub off on me........ha ha.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Yes I love it it's in the country 1 1/2 acres only have 5 houses on 1/4 mile road. Have a 40-50 acres field behind my house that the farmer has beef cattle on, you can sit outside at night and not hear a thing, The house is ok but I'm going to build an addition on the back to expand the kitchen, dining room and add another bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
                      Yes I love it it's in the country 1 1/2 acres only have 5 houses on 1/4 mile road. Have a 40-50 acres field behind my house that the farmer has beef cattle on, you can sit outside at night and not hear a thing, The house is ok but I'm going to build an addition on the back to expand the kitchen, dining room and add another bedroom.
                      Yes country living is great! I have 10 acres with only 4 houses on a 2 mile road. 4 acres are pasture, 2 acres that my house is on, and the rest is forest land. behind my house is 40 acres of forest that a lumber company owens. I sure am going to miss this place when I lose it (due to health).
                      Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
                        Landlord came over today out of the blue and asked if I was interested in buying the house,I have done a lot of work around the yard and some inside and have it pretty nice now, he said he will finance it and count 1/3 of the rent I have paid in the last 5 yrs as a down payment. Asked him where I needed to sign. he said he will have his lawyer write it up and let me know when we close.
                        Scooter -this is the best news!! btw, I'm not a military vet, just a ex-military brat My dad is retired brig. general, 92 yrs old and still going strong! He can out walk me like crazy!!

I also live in the country and there's no place I'd rather be.
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Commisary and Exchange privilieges

Congrats Scooter,
                          Glad to read things are working out for you. Yes, you get privileges, but I am retired reserve, so when I went to get my ID card, they asked which card I wanted, said I could only get one, so I opted for the retired card. I won't get my retirement or tricare until I am 60.

If you do not live close to a military base, you can always shop the exchange online. When you get your military ID, make sure they put you and any dependents into DEERS, so that you can use the exchange online. I bought my daughter an iPad, it was only $10 less than regular, but free shipping and no tax, so it was the best deal around.

As concerns the commissary, check out the guard/reserve case lot sales. I am on the email list, so I get an email about once a month listing upcoming sales. About twice a year they come to the air guard base in the next town over. They have really upped the number of guard/reserve case lot sales due to so many units being activated. You only need an ID card to purchase, you do not need to be assigned to that post. Also, by going to the case lot sales, it helps the guard/reserve unit to continue to host case lot sales. If the commissary doesn't sell enough they will cut back in how many sales they do at that location. They did that to us, used to have one every quarter, now just twice a year.

I am not sure if this link is allowed (search for commissaries if link gone), but here is the link for case lot sales:

http://www.commissaries.com/guard_reserve_sales.cfm

Just thought I would share and, again, glad things are going your way.

Comment

Dulcinea714- thanks for the info, base exchange was all I was really interested in, I do go near an army base when I drive to the beach so I can drop in there when I go also.

Gomer do you get any disability $ at all? if you do and get at least 30% send me an email as I lost your email address.

Any vet who gets 30 % or more and needs a new vehicle shoot me an email (address is in profile )

Comment

Working...
                            X