• Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTSD dx problems in the VA

Interesting article regarding dx or rather non dx of PTSD within the VA

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2012...al-also-fraud/
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

No Surprise here.....

Doctors are under pressure it seems everywhere, not just DoD or VA or involving PTSD, to consider COST, sometimes even over the best interest of the patient.

Our regional VAMC is heavy into animal research, yes ANIMAL research. When they remodeled and expanded the regional they REDUCED the number of hospital beds for patients, to make more room for research animals. What kind of research is involved, I have not a clue.

Look back to issues like agent orange victims of the Nam era and more recent middle east vets fighting over health issues, besides PTSD.

I loved the term "adjustment disorder" in the piece.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I understand what you are saying about reducing # of rooms for humans but making more room for animal research but keep in mind that the VA has been instrumental in some major areas of research and I read some where that the VA was the first actual medical facility to accomplish a liver transplant which I am sure had to be tried out on animals prior to doing it on a human.

They are currently soliciting veterans to sign up for the "Million Veteran Program", what it is is a collection of blood samples and health history from veterans to do DNA/genes studies for many major health issues. I have been assured that MS is one of them. Any one that is interested in the program there is a link at the VA web site, they will send you the medical history form to fill out, they will then make you an appointment at your VA center for a short briefing on the program and then send you to the lab for a tube of blood to be taken.They will work with you for appointment so it can be done the same time you have another appt there. Had my blood draw last Friday.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
      X