VA Dis and tax forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA Dis and tax forms

Does the VA send out a W-2 or 1099 for inclusion with your taxes, I know it isn't taxable but don't know if I have to hold off on my return or not, getting a good refund this year.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

I have never received one. I do receive a 1099 for my Mil Retirement. But I would check the IRS website, because it has only been a few years and the VA...how do I put this delicately...sometimes does not do things the right way???

Katie

Comment

It would make sense not to bother sending something out if not needed rather than spending money on useless paper and the cost of postage, but then again that doesn't sound like the government either.

Comment

Have been recieving VA service connected disability since 1987 i have never recieved a tax form of any kind from them and HR BlockHEADs say there is no need to report it cause its not taxable

Comment

Thanks that is what I figured, did my return yesterday, I smell a new set of golf clubs in my future

Comment

Scooter--LOL, LOL, LOL

Lovejoy--Thanks for that. At least now I know I am not the only one not getting any type of tax form from the VA.

Katie

Comment

Working...
            X