Heading for the ER, docs orders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading for the ER, docs orders!

My local docs office called and I have to go to the ER ASAP due to this mornings blood work.

Kidney issue, or so it seems. I feel all right at the moment, but I was told to get a ride or call an ambulance and get my but up there for an emergency evaluation. I have my youngest son coming to pick me up.

I had labs this morning and not looking good. Guess the VA renal clinic apt Late Feb is worthless. Did i ever say the VA can be a bit SLOW?

PS just got a letter from VA this afternoon, test showed kidneys NORMAL... couple hrs later I am heading to the local ER for an emergency eval???????? Go Figure?

I will post back when I can.

Gomer

Gomer--

Well, this scary for you. I will keep you in my prayers this evening. I sure hope it all turns out well.

I am also going to answer your POA stuff in the other thread.

You hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Katie

Comment

Hope everything is ok Gomer !
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I was released last night and back home, all is OK.

Just a blip on the radar I guess. (electrolytes)

I have to see my fam doc first thing Monday morning.

Gomer

Comment

Jan 2012 has already been a wild ride........

The following Thursday I fell and broke 5 ribs, so meat-wagon ride to ER who missed the broken ribs on my Xray. I was sent home with muscle relaxer (what they said was causing the excruciating pain.

2 days later, still in horrible PAIN and urine turned very dark. The pain was so bad I could no get up and into a car so back to ER again via meat-wagon. (I also took a urine sample with me so they could see it). A better Xray crew did another set f Xrays and found the FIVE broken ribs. MY kidneys were starting to shut down (cause of very dark "brown" urine) so I was put on IV and admitted. I guess the stress from the broken ribs started the acute kidney failure. A couple days on morphine and IV for the kidneys and we were back in business. Seems my kidney function is a bit shakey, more so than I expected.

MY fam doc said it was a good thing I got to ER quickly or the kidney situation would have been much worse.

We are on the mend and have appointments with a local urologist and CRI clinic at the VA this month.

We are on the mend but its a SLOW, very slow progress. Having diabetes etc makes me slower to heal than normal.

Gomer

Comment

Broken ribs are no fun and really bad if you have allergies and cough or sneeze alot. I guess you get the award for the fall of the month for Jan, I only got the stitches and it is pretty much healed up.

Comment

THANKS for the "award" scooter..........

It also hurts to laugh, even a little, or burp, hiccup etc.

I told my fam doc WHY I broke so many ribs (beside it being a very HARD fall), I told him I was making up for not having broken a single bone before in my life........

Gomer

Comment

Yep, broken ribs definatly suck.

Get healed-up Gomer.
                When you can laugh again, ask me how I fell off a roof one winter and why.

Comment

Bob you weren't raking leaves were you???

Comment

Let's just say for now that it involved an elderly parent who was not supposed to sneak up on the ladder to supervise the job and was DEFINATLY NOT supposed to grab my ankle in case I slipped (which I had planned for in advance).

Comment

Bob.... getting healed up is easier said than done, one fun aspect of having diabetes. I have been doing great keeping my BGs in line, it helps but it's still slow and hope its a steady healing.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
                      X