Vaccinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccinations?

I have heard alot of rumors about the vaccinations used during the early 90's being experimental drugs. For those service members that served during that time or have knowledge what have you heard. Even for those that never went to Iraq were given experimental vaccines just not as many.

I read a article on the "desert storm illness" and the sxs had alot of simularities to ms. The article made the speculation that though unprovable they believed vaccines to be the leading suspect for the illness. Any thoughts?
    COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

I used to think it carried more weight.
    I got a lot of the shots that the folks got who went "downtown" in Iraq because I was on an attack sub that had the potential of going to the Gulf (we also got the best of everything ).

Here's the basic problem, if it was just the shots or just one type of stress- there should be a lot more of us. The VA got active on MS when they found that the percentages of winding up with MS were higher if you served in the military. Not a lot higher, but slightly higher than the normal population.
    I used to believe there was some form of corralation. To be very truthful about it, it was one of the reasons I wanted to see this sub-forum get started.
    The problem is that we're from all the branches of the military (and all the types of jobs and duty) from several different eras and nothing has stood out for one of those "Ah HAH!" moments.
    At least not yet.

Comment

I've seen Hep B immunization theories & it's kind've ironic b/c I use to joke that they always messed up giving me the shot w/i the timeframe & that I had received so many Hep immunizations I was suprised I'm not yellow

Comment

its funny you say that. when i was "checking out" my last day at camp pendleton..i failed to turn my med rec in..oooops. well, when i got home and had insurance i went to the doc..i had a physical.. he looked at my record and he told me i had shots for stuff he had never heard of and things that there were no cures or prevention..i believe it..i was in from 92-96.

Comment

Typhoid

I have heard the typhoid from then was really a nasty experimantal. I know this is all speculation and can not be proven but when a VA rep tells everyone in a exiting class that they were given experimental vaccines and if they had any wierd medical problems to let the va know. I remember that very distinctly from when I exited the summer of 95. It raises eyebrows and makes you wounder
          COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH- BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAY ~JOHN WAYNE~

Comment

Working...
          X