X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Weekly Vets Muster on the MS deck, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Weekly Muster on the mess deck

All veterans, active duty, family even LimboLanders are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSWorld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educational conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You can always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?
    Any recent Doc appts or tests at the VA or elsewhere?
    Anything new coming up Soon?
    ...............................at the VA or elsewhere?

= = = = = =

Gomer Have GoGo, will Go Go Go

Thank you all for serving. I am a Vet, married to a retired Vet and the Mom of a Vet, also Daughter and Daughter in law of Vets (Grandaughter and Great Grandaughter too)..whew! Think it runs in the family.

For me, I am having surgery tomorrow to remove the bladder stimulator. A fall lpulled the lead loose and it is causing other issues.

Good thing about the removal is that I can finally get my MRI and hope to put my mind to rest about the diagnosis of MS.

Thank you again for serving.

Comment

This week

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day. It would have been my brother's 47th birthday(he passed in 89 from cancer). So, I have a hard time with that day.
      I went to the VA on Friday, because I had a bite on my leg. Originally, thought it was a mosquito bite, but, it was getting big. Doc can't say definitely what it could have been(maybe brown recluse), but she gave me antibiotics and drew a line around the redness with instructions to come back if the red went out of the line. Kind of silly, but made total sense to me as an easy way to monitor. Antibiotics are working and the bite is disappearing.

Also, called VA because I will run out of rebif soon, no refills available on myhealthevet and I am taking a trip soon. They were very helpful and got my travel address and sent me a refill here so I can make it through my trip.
      The next few days will be spent getting ready to go see Mom in CA. We will visit and maybe do some sight-seeing; daughter doesn't have lot of memories of CA because I tend to stay away from CA. Then we will drive with Mom to UT for family reunion and fly home from UT. I will try to keep it my travels as stress free and relaxed as possible. If I don't visit, just know I am having fun.

Comment

Working...
      X