Anyone not feel better with Ty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone not feel better with Ty?

I don't feel particularly worse but have never seemed to feel the benefits that I read many have. At first, my neuro said it could take up to 12 months but that was a year ago in late jan/early feb. Can't remember.

Anyway, Ty doesn't bother me any, no side effects, no positives or neg. To say I've been disappointed is an understatement. I was really looking forward to a bit more energy. I was just wondering if anyone else is the same.
    What if trials of this life
    Are Your mercies in disguise?
    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Hi Lendi,
    I've only had 4 infusions, so I don't think that's long enough to tell anything yet. My doc says 6 is when it peaks. Anyway, I don't have any positive or negatives either. I too would have loved to have that boost that some get. But I guess I can't complain, I'm not worse. And I don't have the awful side effects that I did on Beta.

Be well.

Comment

I think tysabri was over marketed and the hype was pretty strong and that lead to the disappointment you & i both experienced.

but tysabri is just a med to slow down ms, like all the other meds where you try to explain the med doesn't fix the symptoms it just slows ms..

at about 2 years, i started feeling the fatigue that i had read had caused many people to stop ty...i wondered if it was gonna cause me to stop for the same reason? i just switched to 6 week infusion for the next 6 months to see how that goes...multiple reasons for going to 6 week==get my hormonal & ty cycles on differnent cycle times, some doc's(not mine) used decreased dosage to lessen PML risk & to just see what it does? it's 2 month & i think i'm sleeping more? but i'll give it 6 months at 6 weeks. i asked the doc if i could go to 6 week infusions.
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I also just did #4
        No changes, but I understand I need to give it at least 6.

I will do a year and see.

Comment

Thanks for you answers. I feel better, all though I'm sorry it's like this for you too, knowing I'm not the only one. I'm not really getting worse other than weakness in my legs or at least not quickly but I was sure hoping for some positive feelings from it.
          What if trials of this life
          Are Your mercies in disguise?
          "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

It actually made me feel worse, though my MRIs were good. I'm back on Copaxone after almost three years on Ty and feel better than I did on Tysabri.
            Take care, Wiz
            RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

no good, no bad

I've had 4 infusions & I don't feel better. I don't feel worse, either.

Comment

I just had my 4th infusion Friday. The first two went good, no side effects. The last two are a different story, leg pains, headaches, and chills. My doc is out of the office this week so I'll have to went to hear what he thinks.

Back to the question, I do notice about a few days before my treatment I get more tired and after the treatment I have a bit more energy. But it could also be positive thinking

Comment

Working...
                X