Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri & voice hoarseness

Hi

I have been on Ty for 7 months and have had a cold/ cough and sore several times on the last 4 months. Have had two courses of antibiotics.

Now have had voice hoarseness a couple of times. Anyone in the same boat? Help would be obliged.

Regards

Before i got ms, i was treated for hoarsness that turned out to be strep throat. so you have to check that out first. what do you mean by a couple of times? is it not sustained once it starts--maybe its an ms symptom? it takes about 6 months for tysabri to become effective for most, have any of your other ms symptoms improved or worsened. i read that a relapse while starting ty is common in the first year and thought to be from ms damage that occured during the washout period between ms meds.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Thanks for coming back. I will get it checked out.

The voice problem occurred a few days ago and then went away. It came back today. So am going to see a Dr and then a ENT? As that is what the MS Nurse had said. Work on all avenues.
      thanks

Comment

ty and voice horseness

I started with voice horseness at inf #6, and continue to have it (going on #10).
        I have a delayed allergic response to Ty, of which sore throat, runny nose and subsequent horseness is part of this. My neuro is working on some options for me so I can stay on this b/c I have done so well on it. Also, I get more horse when I am tired. For now it is just something I have learned to live with.

Comment

Working...
        X