Talked to Doc re:getting sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to Doc re:getting sick

I did speak with my Doc about getting sick more often. He said it is almost certainly attributable to Tysabri and the affect it has on the immune system. I have done so well on it that a cold that lasts longer is well worth it! (That stomach virus though, I started to wonder...it lasted 2 weeks instead of 2 days like everyone else had!) Anyway, so it is of no surprise to my doc that I am experiencing this.

well actually i get colds & flu i am exposed to really easily now. but i don't think that is from ty, i think it is because i am on disability & noyt exposed to much any more so i do not build up in immunity to colds & flu when i encouter them,,which i encounter less & less now that i stay home most of the time.

the most frustrating is when i get some carry out food as a treat. after eating it i pretty much always come down with a cold. i stay away from people with flu's or i'm sure i would come down with that too.

i'm pretty quick to start zicam when i get a pizza or a bucket of chicken during the cold & flu season.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

My son, a biochemist, told me there are different components to the immune system and that I should take vitamins to keep up that part. For 4 years I didn't get colds etc. Since, the end of Dec I have had laryngitis and a cold-pretty sure my husband has brought both home to me-he wasn't careful wiping grocery store baskets, was out and about a lot.

I hope I will stay well (he's being more careful). I do believe my vitamins help me...
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X