Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone to Tysabri - need some feedback

Hello All

I am new to this site. I was diagnosed 2/10 and the Copaxone is no longer working. I have more leisons on my head and neck and they are changing me to Tysabri. I have filled out the paperwork and I am going for my blood work tomorrow morning.

Has anyone experienced any type of effects after you stopped the Copaxone while you were in that waiting period to start the Tysabri? In the past 12 months I have had a progression of additional leisons on each of my 6 (yes 6) MRI's. (No worries I have now changed to a MS Neurologist and am very happy)

Looking for help and advise. I am new to all of this.

I was off copaxone for about 2 months before starting Tysabri. I had 2 relapses in that period, but I got better and I think in the long run it was worth it

Comment

yea i have been off for 2 months waiting to make the decision for the ty. i have had a few problems but, nothing huge. i had way to many changes on my mri to continue with copaxone,i guess. but at this point any damage is bad enough. i have had alot of mental issues.my fatigue,irratablity like crazy just blowing up crazy headaches. i can't wait to get back on something. good luck.

Comment

off since Oct 22 2010

Hi I stopped Copaxone on October 22, 2010. I havent had any major problems - infact alot of my pain is better. I have been a little more tired, and more emotional, but i'm in a bit of a dramatic situation with a deadbeat x - and i am blaming my emotions on that.

I am also waiting for tysabri to start... this friday!

Enjoy not having to inject and that stinging burning pain - and focus on the free time you'll have from stopping, try to rest a little more and take it easy on yourself until you start a new therapy.

Kerp

Comment

I was on Copaxson for about 8 months and in those 8 months not only did I have a reaction to each and every injection (yeah my body looked like a HOT MESS) but I also had like 6 flare-ups. Not good. The rate I was going I would have been in a wheelchair by my 30th birthday
          So my Neurologist switched me to Tysabri, the 1st month I was on it I had 1 flare but it was because my body was getting use to the meds. After that it was almost 2 years when I had a flare (this summer I had 1). So over all I have been on it for almost 3 years and I have had 1 flare. That is excellent because of the path I WAS going on. I am proud to say that I am now 31 and I am NOT in a wheelchair

Good Luck and I hope Tysabri is as good to you as it has been to me

Comment

When I went off C for 6 weeks waiting to start Ty I was worried because my symtoms (sx) started to act up. After my first dose of Ty I was back to where I was before going off C...that was over 4 years ago I went off C because my MRI was full of lesions and lit up After 7mths of Ty my MRIs are no new or active and the last one in Nov was almost clear of my old lesions
            I am very thankful to Tysabri !!
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X