Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Tysabri Change Symptoms

Hi
    I did my first infusion and wonder if I expect too much. Does Tysabri change symptoms you already have or just keep you from having any new symptoms? Or just keep you from having MRI changes?

I didn't have any changes from the first one.

Thanks! LZmom

Originally posted by LZMOM View Post
    Hi
    I did my first infusion and wonder if I expect too much. Does Tsyabri change symptoms you already have or just keep you from having any new symptoms? Or just keep you from having MRI changes?

I didnt have any changes from the first one.

Thanks! LZmom
    The short answer is no. It is a DMD like the CRABs, meant only to modify the disease's course somewhat by slowing it down. It may work to do that, it may not. It may or may not keep you from having more relapses or changes in your MRI. It's a potent drug that can be very effective, but doesn't work for everyone.

However, it can work (for some people) so effectively that it may buy the body some time to begin repairing itself, so there may be some improvement in symptoms. It's not so much a direct effect of the drug (symptom improvement) as it is the body doing what it naturally does because Ty has slowed the MS onslaught enough for the body to not only catch up, but make sufficient repairs to the damaged myelin to feel improvements.

This shouldn't be seen as an expectation of the drug, but more as a happy surprise benefit if it happens for you.

Comment

Thanks for your reply! I will stop looking for miracles and be happy with not having another attack that puts me down for 3 months!

I should be pretty happy about that!

Comment

Originally posted by LZMOM View Post
        Thanks for your reply! I will stop looking for miracles and be happy with not having another attack that puts me down for 3 months!

I should be pretty happy about that!
        Always a plus in my book!

You never know, Ty may work wonders for you. I try to hope for the best, but plan for the worst. That way, if a new drug doesn't work miracles, so what? You accept what it does do for you or look for something new. But if it does, fantastic!

Comment

Working...
        X