Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of tysabri IV

Hello guys,
    I decided that I want to give tysabri a try. I was just wondering how much it costs for the medication and then for the IV. I want to know if I can afford it all the way.

Hi Bis22:
    The cost is entirely dependent on whether or not you have medical insurance. Do you have medical insurance?

Comment

At the hospital where I got it total $ was aroung 10,000.00 after ins I had to pay aroung $1,000.00 every month
      Life is like a coin u can spend it any way u want, but u can only spend it once!

Comment

i have cobra insurance, i work part time and looking for a full time job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bis22 View Post
          i have cobra insurance
          The only reliable source of how much Tysabri will cost you is your COBRA carrier. How much other people pay under their insurance can be different than what you'll pay and is irrelevant to you. You'll have to ask your carrier about cost.

Comment

Under my current insurance I pay 62.53 for the infusion and 10.00 for the ty thru copay assistance. very easy to get the co pay assistance all you have to do is call them and they will send a short form for you to fill out, they provided it free for the 1st month so I wouldn't have to wait. they are billing my insurance $6831.00 per month for everything.

Also try this site for assistance, they allow up to 5 times poverty level income and still provide help.
            http://theassistancefund.org/
            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I finally was able to get in touch with the TOUCH program and they were able to give me some financial assistance. Now all I need is the go ahead from my Neurologist for when I can get started on Tysabri. He probably will want to do some tests before getting me started. I will just have to call them on Monday.

Comment

Working...
              X