Fever/run down for over a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fever/run down for over a month

I started Ty in Jan and have had multiple rounds of antibiotics. Postponed my last infusion because of persistent fever. Took it about a week late (with a low grade fever) and have run 99.3 to 100 now for 3 more weeks. I'm not dying but feel exhausted and run down all the time. Haven't even bothered to go to the dr this time. When I saw the Neuro about it in August they just wanted me to take Nuevigil. I'm pretty sure that Speed is not the answer I'm looking for. Anybody have a similar experience or advice?

I am grateful the Ty has stopped my progression but I am tired of feeling like the walking dead!

THE FEVER COULD BE JUST ANOTHER SYMPTOM OF SOMETHING ELSE AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DIAGNOSIS. I HAVE HAD FEVER, COUGH AND HEADACHE FOR THREE OR MORE WEEKS MYSELF. TAKING A COLD MEDICINE, COUGH SYRUP AND TYLENOL I AM FINALLY BEGINNING TO FEEL BETTER. NOT EVERYTHING IS A SYMPTOM OF THIS DISEASE BUT YOUR DOCTOR SHOULD BE THE ONE TO TALK WITH YOU AND ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. TAKE CARE AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING.
    This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

I have been on Ty 2 1/2 years. My MRI's have showed no new lesions (after 12 years of continuous lesions before Ty) so my MS is stable. However, since about 8 months on Ty, I started feeling really bad. I explain it's like how you feel when you start to get the flu. You feel yucky, but not debilitating. You just wish you would get the flu so you could get over it and start feeling better. I also have had low grade fevers and headaches and the feeling of malaise. I also had very dark thoughts and an inablity to mentally function well.

It took a long time to get across to my neuro how bad I was feeling. Finally, in August, he said to try 75% dose. I did that Sept, Oct and Nov. He then said to try every other month that studies show that MRI lesion activity has been found to start at about 8 weeks after infusion.

I am at 6 weeks since the last infusion. I have the first cold I have had since being on Ty: coughing, sinus congestion, body aches, sore throat. But no fever. And I no longer feel like I am incapable and this life isn't worth it.

I wonder what Ty is doing that I have not had colds like everyone else. I wonder what Ty is doing that was making be feel like life should end. And what is causing the low-grade fevers. They say it is a powerful, dangerous medication. Why?

Sorry to be so long. I am so thankful for all those on here that are doing so well with Ty. I just wish I was one of them.

Comment

A constant fever cannot be a good thing. Have you had a full blood workup? I started to feel worse on Tysabri and went back to Copaxone after more than 30 infusions and now I feel 200% better. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.
        Take care, Wiz
        RRMS Restarted Copaxone 12/09

Comment

Working...
        X