3 year anniversary (#39) plus present to boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 year anniversary (#39) plus present to boot

I just had infusion #39 today, mri results back same as usual - no new lesions, no enhancing lesions. Plus, results back from JC Virus blood work that was taken at time of last infusion 4 weeks ago - negative.

Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket tonight.

Good news all around, Rich!

Comment

Great news Rich
      Glad Ty is doing so well for you!!
      Linda

Comment

Awesome news Rich!!!!
        Dedra
        Son with MS

Comment

Rich, so glad it is going so well for you.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Happy anniversasry Rich! Glad things are going good for you!! Keep on keeping on!!!!

Comment

That's Great News Rich! Congrats!

Comment

4th anniversary

Great news...

I just had my 48th, infusion yesterday and also tested negative for the JC Virus,

My Dr. believes that if you make it thru the first year to two, you are in good shape, cause so far, as we know, no one had gotten pml after 3yrs....

I don't think I would have quit it even if I tested positive. This is the best med I have ever had..and believe me I have tried them all.
                Take Care, Carolanny

Comment

carolanny, quite a few people have gotten pml after 3 yrs. I wish you were correct. I will get #51 Fri; for the last year I've gone every 5 weeks and starting Jan will get infused every 6 weeks. I get an MRI every 6 months, try to be vigilant with my symptoms.

The odds of pml do increase with time on Tysabri, it states this on the box and online. It is almost non existent up to 2 yrs increases from there.

Linda
                  Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda

I was just repeating what the dr. said, and like you I get mri's every 6 mo. and very aware of any sympton change.
                    Testing neg. did make me feel better..
                    but you never know.
                    Take Care, Carolanny

Comment

Linda - I will think of you this Friday when I also will be getting an infusion - #19 for me. I have loved following your journey and so glad Tysabri is working for you. 51! Wow.

May I ask why you are going to every 6 weeks? Is it to reduce the risk of PML? Does that work? I can see every 5 weeks pushing it to its limit, but 6 weeks seems like an extended time over how the drug works. I had to move an infusion out one week a couple of months ago and I really "felt" it. Maybe it was just in my head. hahahaha

Did you get the results of your JC test back yet?

Carolanny - you may have misunderstood your doctor, since what he said is the opposite of how Tysabri affects PML cases. The first year seems to be a free ride. The Home Page of the NMMS had an article Oct. 21 that stated "FDA have released data suggesting that the risk increases with increasing time on therapy..."

But for now, don't give PML a thought. I hope it works great for you and your infusions become routine. Come often and let us know how it goes with you. I started noticing a different after 3 months and by 6 months all my doctors had noticed a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X