Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neg JCV, see neuro next week, worried

Im nervous, Im excited, Im nervous...
    My husband keeps asking me these hypotheticals like what if Tysabri makes you like you were before MS? Would you want to go back to work, would you like to do this, wouldn't it be great if.... and I can't help but to stay neutral. I have met several people on Ty who say it has been life changing, they were almost back to normal etc but after flunking off of copaxone and having intolerable side effects with Rebif, I am just not that excited.

What do you guys think? Normal to be reserved?

I think it's normal to feel whatever you feel.

When we get down to brass tacks, we don't really know exactly what's going on with this disease, but we are pretty sure that there are probably several different diseases that are currently lumped together under MS--so what works for some of us ain't going to work for others.

At least for me, Ty has been a really great drug--very little hassle, no progression, no active inflammation.

I hope it's the same for you. However you feel is the right feeling, and given that you've struggled with other stuff, I think skepticism makes a lot of sense.

Regardless, I hope that Ty does help you, and that you do get to have the option of making some different decisions about what you want to do with yourself. More options is always a good thing.

Comment

Stacy - tell your husband to slow down.

If you have read different people's different experiences you know that it really is different for different people. ha ha. Not really an answer is it.

For me: it has helped greatly. It has given me my life back. Tysabri hasn't shrunk my lessions as with some, but I have had no new ones. It has helped with memory, cognitive problems and cured my depression. My doctor says my balance is much improved. I watch my walking so much because of falling a lot, I don't notice, but she does and she does her tests each time and tells me that. She always has me do this finger test thing each time too that I could never do, and now I can. So I guess all the little things add up.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I believe in positive thinking! I am not a pollyanna but sometimes wish I was
        Linda

Comment

Thanks everyone! We talked a lot about my apprehensions etc. and I think we both feel better now.
          I see the Neruo tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to start Ty by Christmas and then who knows

Comment

Hi Stacy

Glad to hear you talked things over with your husband, and you're both feeling better now!

Good luck at your appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Wishing you and your husband the best!

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Got to go ahead and signed the forms to start Ty.
              While I was there, my neuro asked me about any worsening or new symptoms, I listed a few and he repremanded me for not calling the office. Then my DH mentioned to him how my driving has gotten really jerky so now, I get 5 days of IVSM.
              I feel like I have had so much going on that I have neglected myself.
              Im not a big fan of steroids (who is?) I am hoping Ty is the wonder drug for me like it is for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacyz76 View Post
                I feel like I have had so much going on that I have neglected myself.
                You know, if there's one thing that having this stupid disease has taught me is that I need to prioritize myself, or I'll pay for it later.

If I don't want to go out, I don't. If I need to cancel things that don't urgently need to get done, I do. My priorities in my life are my family, my partner, and my work as a student. Anything outside of that (and sometimes stuff inside) gets flaked on when I am not feeling it.

I am SO MUCH BETTER FOR IT.

I hope you figure out the ways that you can take care of yourself. You certainly deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                X