Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get sore/stiff after your infusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you get sore/stiff after your infusion?

Hello everyone, I just got my second infusion on friday and I've noticed this time and last time my back, which is usually all spastic and locked up anyways, as well as my elbows/shoulders get very stiff. This doesn't really bother me because it's not a new symptom, and it only lasted a few days last month, it's just adding to the pain that already was there.

So really I guess I'm just asking if this has happened or does happen to anyone else, and is it worth mentioning to my neuro? I kinda feel like I've been hit by a truck, and it's kinda not comfy. Thanks for any feedback!

~Elly
    I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

I believe there is a side effect of joint pain listed and they want you to notify your dr if it lasts longer than a day or two. I'm sure if you go to the web site it will tell you. I have had 4 infusions and only side effect I have is a slight headache for a day or two and that is decreasing with each treatment. I have no soreness or stiffness from it myself.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I had a lot more sxs after the first 12 infusions. I have learned to hydrate well the day before and the day of infusion as well as eat something before and during infusion. I also take my Claritin and Tylenol before the infusion. I have no sxs that bother me now.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I did try and hydrate this past time, next time I'll make sure to eat something too.

~Elly
        I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

I have been on TY for 44mos. and I have never had these sx's.

I hope your sx's get better.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Been on for 32 months and had a lot of stiffness in the beginning and have sore shoulders and hips joints all the time.

Comment

Hi Elly, I have had only 9 infusions but have never had any of those sx either. Once I was alittle tired but that's about it.

Comment

Seems like everyone has different experiences with it, I'll just talk to my neuro about it anyways. I have my next appointment before my next infusion so it all works out anyways right?

~Elly

Comment

Elly, I mentioned hydration and eating because the infusion nurses said that many of the patients who had experienced the same sxs had been helped by doing these things. Also being well hydrated helps them getting the IV started with plumped up veins.
                  "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I"ll sure try drinking extra water. I need too anyway. I noticed stiffness but can't actually say when it started. I just thought it was old age. I've been on Tysabri for 11 months now. I also have diahrea and just figured out that it's a side effect. Knowledge is power, I guess.
                    What if trials of this life
                    Are Your mercies in disguise?
                    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Hi Elly,
                      I just had infusion #3 last week and the first two infusions I had horrible joint pain, mostly in my knees which made it harder to get around. I tried to take advil and stay hydrated for the day of my infusion and the day after. It has helped! This past time in was much better! I guess it will go away as we get used to the meds. Hope this helps.
                      Laura

Comment

I get

Stiffness in joints and a bad headache. Pre-medicating with tylenol and zyrtec helped with the headache. I still have the joint pain all the time, however, so now am referred to Pain Management as they say I have Fibromyalgia. I would try a mild pain reliever prior to infusion to see if it helps.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X