Tysabri and acne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and acne

Has anyone else experienced bad acne as a result of Tysabri? I've just had my 5th infusion and I'm going mad as I've developed acne which has gotten steadily worse. My neuro doesn't know what to do and my GP just gave me some cream which hasn't done anything and says there isn't anything else to do in case it reacts to the medication.
    Anyone have any idea what I can do? I don't knwo what esle do to as the other meds didn't work on the MS but none of them had siide effects. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have the same problem! I've had 4 infusions so far and the acne is bad. Just this last summer (before Ty) my sister was commenting on how clear and pretty my skin was and now...I have acne that will NOT go away. It has just continued to get worse. First it was on my forehead only and now it is on my cheek as well. The weird thing is that it never seems to go away at all. The pimples just stay and I take good care of my skin, have used proactive for many years and this Ty acne overpowers the proactive. I am definitely not liking this side effect.

Comment

Look at the Bright Side

Just think of it as going through puberty again. When is the last time someone thought of acne is for the old. Your 16 again and enjoy.

Comment

Tysabri and Acne

You might want to see a dermatologist. I thought I was having bad acne, too, after I had been on Tysabri for several months. I went to a derm for something else, and discovered it wasn't acne, it was a type of dermatitis, common in people with weakened immune systems. Seems my body can't fight a type of bacteria normally found on everyone's skin, so now I have to wash with a prescription soap and do a few other things, but my skin finally cleared up and has stayed that way, with consistent use of the products.

Do you find that you are getting dry patches and scabs, that almost heal but then seem to start up again? Are you breaking out in your eyebrows? I was, and apparently that's a classic sign of this type of thing. Not saying that's what you have, just throwing it out there.... I would have never thought of it on my own, that's for sure! Best of luck with it ....I know how frustrating and depressing it is to be an adult and have such a severe skin problem....

Comment

Working...
        X