Starting Tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Tysabri

I was diagnosed in August and have been taking Betaseron. After 4 months on the Beta, my symptoms have only worsened. I'm 23 and can't do half the things I could before I started the shots. Today my neuro put me on Tysabri. I don't know much about it except for what the doctor told me. I would like to know more about it and any positive results. I'm also interested in side effects current users have experienced. TIA
    Dx RR August 2013
    DMD Betaseron
    Nursing Student (RN)
    Mother to 1 year old

Tysabri for over 6 yrs

I have nothing but good things to say about Ty except how long it takes but they are very cautious about you on it thus the long time and it fairly easy just go into your oncology department answer a bunch of questions and they begin the fusion bring something to occupy yourself book game whatever or just sleep my neuro thinks its the best thing out there right now

Comment

Tia: I have been on Ty for 17 months. I love it. Of course, I am JCV negative, so I have not much to worry about yet. I have no side effects, except for a little tiredness the day of the infusion. In the first 6 or so, you get a little boost of energy with each dose. Otherwise, I have no side effects with Ty. I feel like I have had some improvement on Ty. I still need a walker, and scooter, but I came to Ty with those. I have had no progression on MRI. Only 1 exacerbation.

I love Ty!

Hope you will like it too.

Take care, let us know how it goes for you!
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X