Am I experiencing the rebound effect???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I experiencing the rebound effect???

I hope someone will be able to help me with this very perplexing situation: I was on Ty for 4 years with no problems what so ever. Sadly, my insurer dropped me once I moved to a different city and stopped by Ty. That was about a year and a half ago. I had been doing very well until May if this year when things started changing.

I didn't have an "attack" per se as I do not have attacks anymore, being secondary progressive. What I was diagnosed with was a UTI, I believed that was at the heart of all my probs. After changing antibiotics a few times, I finally got rid of the infection but my MS problems pretty much stayed with me. Could this be a delayed "rebound effect"?

A year and a half seems like a long time. It sounds more like a flare. Did you get an MRI?

Comment

Doesn't sound like rebound. The rebound happens within the first few weeks to months after stopping Tysabri, when it is cleared from the body and the immune system goes back to "normal", not a year and a half later. There's no "delay". And the rebound includes a sudden and remarkable increase in lesions as demonstrated on an MRI not just an increase in symptoms after having an infection. Did you have an MRI? It sounds more like you had a flare in response to the infection or more progression as part of "secondary progressive".

Comment

Thank you for the responses. At present, I only have Medicare and until recently, I have been without a neuro since Kaiser dumped me. I will have an MRI once the Healthcare policy goes into effect at the first of the year.
        Right now, I am pretty uninsurable because of preexisting condition.

Regardless, my new neuro is going to put me on Tysabri soon and hopefully I will get better again. Ty has been good for me in the past so I pray I haven't developed antibodies!?

Comment

sonoragal,
          "since Kaiser dumped me"
          As a Kaiser patient, I was wondering what you meant. Can you say?

Comment

sonoragal,I'm wondering about a couple of things too.
            Originally posted by sonoragal View Post
            I only have Medicare ...
            Right now, I am pretty uninsurable because of preexisting condition.
            If you have Medicare you are insured and will continue to be insured unless you become ineligible. Did you mean that you have Medicaid?

until recently, I have been without a neuro since Kaiser dumped me.
            Kaiser is a federally qualified HMO so "dumping" people is an involved process. Did you somehow become ineligible for your insurance? Did they stop doing business in your county? What do you mean by they "dumped" you?

Comment

By "dumping", I meant they dropped me from coverage. I do like Kaiser and when I move back to my previous area, I am sure they will sign me up again (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by sonoragal View Post
                By "dumping", I meant they dropped me from coverage. I do like Kaiser and when I move back to my previous area, I am sure they will sign me up again (I hope).
                Thanks for clearing that up. Moving to a place where Kaiser doesn't do business is very different than them dumping you. It's more like you dumped them by moving to a place where it's impossible for them to give you care. I hope they sign you up again when you get back.

Comment

Working...
                X