First Infusion is done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Infusion is done

I feel ok ... just sitting here waiting the 30 mins before they let me leave ....

Any advice ....
    Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
    Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
    March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

imrachelk,
    Congrats on the 1st infusion. Looks like you were diagnosed relatively early in your MS. I had no reaction at all for the 1st three infusions. At 3 weeks post infusion, I began to feel the "need" for more Tysabri, so be prepared. It takes 6 months to reach "saturation" level of Tysabri in the system, and from that point on, I've never felt anything negative on Ty. I did felt a slight reaction to Ty while being infusioned on #4-5, but other than that, it has been smooth sailing. All the best, and I LOVE TY!

Comment

I'm glad I stumbled upon this post - I'm assuming Ty was your first treatment? My bf, who's 27, was just dx 6/10 and I think they plan to start him on TY, especially since he came back JCV neg. Glad to see another person using this as their first-line treatment - seems like I mostly see it prescribed only if nothing else is working. Best of luck and I would love to hear updates on how the TY is working for you

Comment

I agree, Ty is a great drug. I have never had any reaction to it. I did go through the other injectables first before getting to Ty, but now that I am on it my progression seems to have halted for the last 10 months. No change in my MRI and no real relapses to speak of. I have been hospitalized for falls and other things, but those are just the expected MS events when you have had it as long as me.

I wish you the best, and I wish your boyfriend the best too. I think you both will find Ty easy to take and a good stable drug.

Take care

Lisa
        Moderation Team
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

marie0610
          I'm not a neurologist, but since your bf is JC- I would STRONGLY recommend he start on Ty ASAP. The younger he is, the quicker he get's on the most effective DMD, and especially since he is male, the better his chances will be for at least a slowing, if not total halt to the progression. There are no guarantees, but I've read a ton since my diagnosis. If he hasn't already, have him watch "The future of Multiple Sclerosis" on YouTube. It lays it out pretty clearly. Just my 2 cents!

Comment

I was tired last night ... and this morning woke up sick to my stomach took a Zofran and all was good ... I honestly don't understand why if you are JC- you don't take Tysabri ... it is 70% chance of NO new lesions ... hello I'll take that .... and I can't remember to take my vitamin D everyday much a pill ... and I don't want to give myself a shot every day or every other day ...
            Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
            Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
            March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
            April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
            June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Comment

Congrats on your 1st infusion with the med that has the best efficacy
              My only regret is I couldn't have started it a couple years earlier when I could go for long walks and dance for hours! I started 10/2006. I am a MOST GRATEFUL Tysabri user!!!

Good luck and best wishes on your Ty journey
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X