How long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long?

This past Thursday the 31st marked my second Tysabri infusion. I was wondering about how long does it take to
    feel better. Is the change significant? Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to alliviate the uncomfortable feelings that I experience for the Four to five days after the infusion. Any advice is welcome. Thanks and my love to you all

I'm not sure what you mean by "feel better". I can say it takes 6 infusions before Tysabri reaches a saturation level in your system. After "magic 6", I've never felt any lows or highs; my life now revolves around my 28-day months. Of course, I never really experienced uncomfortable feelings for 4-5 days after my infusion. Each person reacts to Ty differently. Hopefully, you'll experience what I did after your 6th infusion and will level out. Here's hoping.....

Comment

Hi buckfield,

I can only share what I go/have gone though.

I had a slight relaspe after being on Tysabri 3 months. By 6 months there was a huge difference. Better balance, better coordination, better memory, better focus and no more depression. It has been over 3 1/2 years and I continue to do very well on it. I would get an amazing energy boost following the days and then weeks after an infusion. I don't get the huge up and downs like I use to, but still I can tell when it is getting time for an infusion and I usually have a great week afterwards.

The day of and sometimes the day after I am wiped out. The day I chalk up to taking benadryl. The day after, not sure why and I always don't feel wiped out.

Hope your journey with Tysabri is a good one and you have great results.

What sort of uncomfortable feelings do you get? Tired, aches, pain? Joint pain is a side effect. Amoung others some get. Talk to your doctor about these, maybe there is something he/she can suggest.

Comment

I noticed better balance, stamina between 4-6 infusions.
        I have not had side effects.
        Good luck
        Linda

Comment

how long

Buckfield, for me it was a process more than an event, first I noticed that I had stopped getting worse which gave me hope that I might get better. Just slowing the progression was a positive for me that made feel better. What kind of discomfort are you having after the infusion? I get headaches that respond to ibuprofen. Hope this helps, take care Dale
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Working...
          X