Freaking out about bruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking out about bruising

I just noticed that my wrist is very bruised at the site of my last infusion. My infusion was on Friday and tonight I have a very purple wrist. I ususally have my infusion in the bend of my arm and have never had any bruising.

Any one else have a lot of bruising from an infusion? Should I be concerned or does this just happen somtimes? This was my 5th infusion.

Hi moolk:
    Yep, sometimes bruising just happens. I've had literally dozens and dozens of IVs for various meds over the years and had a few purple beauties myself. Sometimes they resulted from tough sticks, but sometimes just because. It depends on how the needle goes in or comes out, or how pressure is applied to the site afterward. Sometimes it depends on the vein itself. And sometimes just because. Occasional bruising after an IV isn't a sign of anything ominous.

Comment

Bruise

I had my 2nd infusion on the 15th. I got a huge bruise with this one. I think it just depends. I usually do not bruise with IV's, but there are rare occasions that I do. I would not worry much
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
      X