? for ladies on Ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for ladies on Ty

Has Ty affected your menstrual cycle? I recently had my fifth infusion and my cycle is just crazy. I spotted for a day or two over a week ago, had nothing for a few days, started spotting again a week after the initial spotting, then finally started "full force" last night, much heavier than usual.

I am almost 35, so it's unlikely to be related to peri-menopause or anything like that. I hate to blame it on the Ty, but was just curious if anyone else has experienced irregular cycles while on Ty.
    ~Lisa~
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Originally posted by BlessedWyoMom View Post
    Has Ty affected your menstrual cycle? I recently had my fifth infusion and my cycle is just crazy. I spotted for a day or two over a week ago, had nothing for a few days, started spotting again a week after the initial spotting, then finally started "full force" last night, much heavier than usual.

I am almost 35, so it's unlikely to be related to peri-menopause or anything like that. I hate to blame it on the Ty, but was just curious if anyone else has experienced irregular cycles while on Ty.
    YES! It sure did mine and on top of that I would get a pseudoexacerbation every time. I just started getting the Depo shots to ward off my period all together. I sure hope it works because this business is ridiculous!
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Not sure yet...

I really don't know yet... I started Ty when my daughter was 3 months old and was on the Depo shot. I stopped the Depo a couple months ago but nothing has started back up yet. I know it could be awhile after coming off of the shot, but I wonder if the Ty will affect this in some way too. I'm hoping more people post to see if there's a trend in that area...
      A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.

Comment

Around 35

I started peri menopause and had the 'joy' of it until I was 52.
        I was on low dose BCP most of that time. When finally my FSH got it's act in gear and I was at meopause
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

I have the same thing happen. If my infusion is during my cycle... I can pretty much count on it taking me until the end of my period to feel "normal". My periods are much heavier and I too have the spotting from time to time. I had it checked with my dr and he says that I'm fine.

During my time of the month, whether it is infusion time or not, I seem to have a lot more MS symptoms. I sum it up to "that time of the month"

Comment

Hardly anything

I just had #14 and right from the 2nd infusion my period got flaky. It was late a few times and now it skips months. I'm 44 so peri could be the culprit but the timing is kind of a cooincidence, especially when I hear so many other women with issues.

Menstrual issues were on the side effects list, but way down in the list. I suspect there is more to be learned on this topic.

I'm concerned about what menopause is going to mean for my disease and disability progression. Dr and I keep calling it RRMS, but we both know I'm slowly getting worse with no new lesions showing up so I'm probably leaning towards SPMS:-(. What will hot flashes and lack,of estrogen do?
            Melissa Goerke
            [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

Yes, I had menstrual irregularities when I went on Tysabri. I think it's a more common symptom than doctors acknowledge. I wish someone would do a study on it!

When I started on Tysabri my periods were off for while, then got shorter (only 3 days) and not as heavy as they used to be (way less use of super tampons, maybe for only 1 day now). Oh, and I think my periods switched to every 26 days rather than 28 days.

I always wonder if these biologic drugs have any effect on bringing early menopause or inducing peri-menopause.

Comment

Moot

Thanks for all of your responses. My cycle is still wacky, but it seems to be moot point now. I've continued to get worse, so my neuro does not think that Ty is working for me. Rituxmab (chemo drug) might be in my future.
                ~Lisa~
                "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

Working...
                X