May I share a good day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I share a good day?

I had a great visit with my neuro today. Had great news. Normally I would call my best friend and share the good news with her. She passed away two weeks ago. Soooo....can I share with my cyber friends at MSworld?

No PML. Stable MRI. Tested today for the JC virus with a promise from my doctor that even if it is postive I will still be able to stay on the Tysabri. (have had 41 infusions) Passed all her tests except for balance, but I'm careful and it doesn't usually affect my walking. Have a few scars from falls, but it's nothing.

AND.....her office manager gave me all the code and tax numbers and everything my insurance company was not sending to Biogen, so than now my claim can go forward about getting help with the co pay.

So it was a good appointment. My blood pressure was sky high, but I was just getting nervous sitting there wondering if they were going to tell me I had PML. I still had the doctor notes from a visit last week when it was 100/60.

I hope everyone can have the same great results I have had with Tysabri. It has come about as close to a cure as I think I personally can ask for.

Now if they just had something for a broken heart. Because I just have this huge hole in my spirit.

((((hugs))))
    If you are mobile enough maybe you can adopt a dog or a cat.
    Dogs will always give you loving and some cats will too.
    Great news on the T!!!
    Let's hope you stay negative.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thanks for the hugs techie. We have a great old gal as a pet right now. Deaf and blind in one eye, but you are right, she sticks to me like glue when she knows I need someone.

I don't know if I am neg. or pos. I have never been tested.
      They tell me it takes awhile, so I won't even think about it.

Comment

I am sorry you lost your best friend, I know that must be hard.

Yes you did have a good day! That's great!
        God Bless Us All

Comment

LL60, I am so sorry your friend passed...
          YEA! Great day

I wanted to share with you about eye PT for balance. A PHd at the Univ of CO named Jeff Hebert discovered this balance technique. I had been falling monthly; getting frightened that I would not be able to live alone when I heard about this at one of the RMmsC's seminar. I started it approx 4 months ago and have not had a fall since starting . I hope this is available to you where you are.
          Linda

Comment

So glad your appt went well and you can stay on Tysabri, it sounds like you're having a very positive experience on it.

My sympathies on the loss of your best friend, it must be really tough on you. It sounds like you shared everything with her, those kinds of friends are invaluable. I'm so sorry again.

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thank you everyone for your support.

Linda, did you send me a link to something? About the balance exercises?

Comment

I do not have a link. I am guessing if you google his name-Jeff Hebert or search the Rocky Mtn ms Center - you can get info on this eye therapy.
                Good luck
                Linda

Comment

I'm gonna look this up too! Balance is my number one issue. years ago, folllowing my worst flare, I never regained balance...had to start using walker.. At that time the hospital PT was starting some eye therapy with me. Unfortunately my insurance didn't allow enough sessions. I think it would have helped with more time.
                  [I]Tellnhelen
                  Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
                  X