Surgery and Tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgery and Tysabri

I have been on Tysabri for about a year and a half. I was told that I need to have minor surgery soon. The surgeon stated that I don't need to stop Tysabri. (I left a message with my neurologist's nurse, but have not received an answer yet. )

I was just wondering if anyone else has had surgery while on Tysabri. Of course, I will wait until I hear back from my neurologist, but I just wanted to get some additional information from my fellow MSers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Andy, about 3-4 years ago I had minor surgery. When the nitwit removed stitches she was too busy talking to my then husband. Some how she let in a bacteria and I had a time getting rid of it. Please make sure all concerned know you have a compromised immune system.

I was on Tysabri before, during and after I will get my 72nd infusion tomorrow

Good Luck !!
    Linda

Comment

Andy,

Linda is right, make sure your surgeon knows about the Tysabri. I was already off Tysabri when I had major surgery (5 !/2 hours) and I did ok, good luck to you.

Lisa

Comment

Thank you

Linda and MsKitty,

Thank you for your responses and well wishes.

I am still awaiting to hear back from my neurologist. I contacted my PC doctor, because I know that she will help get everything coordinated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X