Infusion #2 Tomorrow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infusion #2 Tomorrow!!

My second infusion will be tomorrow!! Once again I am very excited but also very scared. I had a lot of headaches with the first infusion...felt aweome (as long as I avoided the heat) the followinf 2 weeks......but have all of my old symptoms back for the past few days. Is it common to feel this way right before your next infusion? Does the med wear out?

moolk -
    Everyone reacts differently to meds.

I got the bad headaches the first few times. Now and then I still get a headache, but it doesn't last. (I have had 39)

I would get energy like I hadn't known in a long long time for a few days. Then it went for a week and then two and then it seemed like I'd have energy for the whole 4 weeks. I don't get that big spurt of noticable energy anymore, maybe a slight difference. The days of going gun ho 14 hours a day are long gone. I have adjusted. Be careful. That first year on Ty I found that when the energy hit I went overboard and I always paid for that. Of course you have to take advantage when you have a good day and can get something done, but set small goals at first to see what your bounderies are.

Good luck to you. Tysabri has been good to me. Hope you have a good reaction also.

Comment

Well, the Tysabri really isn't supposed to be used/counted on for relieving symptoms. It's primary purpose is in trying to slow the progression of your disease. So if you are experience relief from symptoms, that would be a "bonus". And from what I've read, for you to be having symptom relief after only 1 infusion, that really surprises me. Most people who report remission of symptoms say it takes 6-10 before they started noticing anything.

As to the headaches - I'd first recommend HYDRATING!! Drink tons and tons of water the day *before* your infusion and then drink a ton the day of. You might find that one small thing will relieve the headaches you experienced.

Comment

Infusion#2 went fine. I was very tired about 2 hours after the infusion but a nap took care of that. I'm up at 5:30 AM feeling great today! I think I love this stuff!!! Hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by LL60 View Post
          moolk -
          Everyone reacts differently to meds.

I got the bad headaches the first few times. Now and then I still get a headache, but it doesn't last. (I have had 39)

I would get energy like I hadn't known in a long long time for a few days. Then it went for a week and then two and then it seemed like I'd have energy for the whole 4 weeks. I don't get that big spurt of noticable energy anymore, maybe a slight difference. The days of going gun ho 14 hours a day are long gone. I have adjusted. Be careful. That first year on Ty I found that when the energy hit I went overboard and I always paid for that. Of course you have to take advantage when you have a good day and can get something done, but set small goals at first to see what your bounderies are.

Good luck to you. Tysabri has been good to me. Hope you have a good reaction also.
          Thanks!! The infusion went well. I feel pretty good today but will take your advice on not going overboard. I did that when I was on steroids and I really paid for it the next few days.

Comment

Hi moolk, up to 2 1/2 years I would say the week before my infusion, that I was jonesing for my Tysabri Now, after 70 infusions, I am going to ask my neuro if I can go 8 weeks instead of 4.

I'm glad #2 went well for you and I hope you do, at least, as well as I have.
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X