JC+ and Prior Immunosuppresant Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC+ and Prior Immunosuppresant Use

I was wondering who all out there is taking Tysabri and they are JC Virus + and has taken prior immunosuppressants? I am both and my Dr. wants me to start Tysabri, but only until BG-12 comes out. My MS is very active (relapses every 3 months) and I've tried every other drug out there for MS besides Gilenya. I was wondering if anyone else has been brave and done what I'm about to do? I'm sooooo scared, but I know I need to do something to get better.

I am JCV + and just today committed to starting Tysabri only until BG12 is available...I have not used any immunosuppressants.

Based on the data provided to me JCV+ plus immunosuppressants puts the PML risk at 1 in 833 in months 1 - 24...1 in 128 in months 25-48.
    Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

JCV +, prior chemo and am into my third year of Ty. beadyeyes- where did you get your #'s from they seem to be showing a higher risk than I rcvd from nuero and biogen.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
        JCV +, prior chemo and am into my third year of Ty.
        In Part 3 of the YouTube video "Wellness & Multiple Sclerosis: Why It Matters," Dr. Timothy Vollmer (co-director of the Rocky Mountain MS Center) gives PML risk figures for someone who is JCV+ and has a history of immunosuppressant use. After 3 years of Tysabri use, the risk is 1 in 300 to 1 in 500. For a person who is JCV+ with a history of chemotherapy, he cites a risk of PML after 3 years as high as 1 in 80. That's eighty, not eight hundred.

Comment

Scooter24. I was given those #'s by my MS center NP, today.
          Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

Working...
          X