1st Monday..getting scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Monday..getting scared

I have my first infusion Monday and all of my previous stressors regarding this medication are coming back. I thought they were gone after I tested negative for the virus, but I am getting scared again. Also scared I will have an allergic reaction since I am so sensitive with allergies to medicines. My stomach is in knots!
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Oh mynamegoeshere1, please take a deep breath and slowly let it out-maybe do it a few times and as often in the day as you need to.

YAY-you are starting the med with the best efficacy and you are jcv-. Lucky you !!

If you seem to be having a problem with Tysabri they will give you Benadryl. You probably will not have a problem!

I had my first infusion 10/2006 and have been THANKFUL for this wonderful med every day. It has stopped my progression, given me great MRIs and quality of life (QOL) I only wish I could've been on it 2 years earlier--I would've been able to go for walks and dance like I want to.

All my best wishes
    Linda

Comment

I was scared too. It ended up being so easy. I was tired and had quite a headache that first day.

Have you talked with your Dr. about pre medicating with Benadryl?

Good luck!

Comment

Hi mynamegoeshere,

I only recently started Tysabri about 6 months ago and can say the actual infusion was very anti-climatic. I expected all kinds of problems (I've never felt good taking any medications for very long) and was worried. Other the a headache (which was easily controlled by slowing down the drip) I didn't have any problems. I used ibuprofen before the infusion and I think it helped keep the headache mild.

I've followed your posts and I know you have had a rough time of it. This medication has the best efficacy for reducing relapses and helping with lesions. It may also help your fatigue.

I, myself, have had a strange reaction the longer I have been on the drug but it appears to have been resolved with the addition of prednisone for 2 days after my infusion.

Believe me, this drug is worth taking for the improvements in functioning. My most noticeable improvement has been cognitive. In fact, my doctor commented on this at my recent appointment! Makes me wonder how I acted before?

Comment

medicine

He has not talked about pre-medicating with Benadryl, but he usually thinks of everything. I will bring some with me just in case. I am used to headaches. I have had migraines everyday for 2+ weeks so I will probably pre-medicate with a migraine pill as I hear that a lot. I am sure I will cry when I get there, but I guess it is in God's hands. I also have PTSD and get panic attacks and stress out easier than most. I know........I hit the jackpot of illnesses and that isn't even the start, lol. I might take an extra anxiety medication beforehand also. I have my MRI tomorrow to see if my lesions are now on my spine as well as my brain. Wish me luck.

Comment

Well

More waiting it will be for me. Apparently my insurance didn't approve this in time so my first infusion will likely not be for another 2 weeks. Another 2 weeks of worry and anticipation...........

Comment

I took Tysabri a while back. I am allergic to everything that grows and all sorts of meds, but Ty didn't give me any problems. But each person is different.

The only reason I stopped Ty was because of all the vaccines I needed to go overseas and the fact that I was going to a disaster area. Doc thought with all the bugs, germs and no sanitation, Ty might not be a wise choice.

I am however, starting back on Ty in August. I am JV-, and I am looking forward to feeling better again!
              Echo
              DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Originally posted by Mynamegoeshere1 View Post
                More waiting it will be for me. Apparently my insurance didn't approve this in time so my first infusion will likely not be for another 2 weeks. Another 2 weeks of worry and anticipation...........
                Sorry you need to wait another 2 weeks for your infusion
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X