Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering switching to Tysabri

Hi All,

Despite my fears, I am considering switching to Tysabri. Although I am still waiting to hear back from my neuro on my latest MRI, bloodwork, etc., he's recommended Ty the last two times I saw him as he sees his patients doing so well.

My background: Dx 1994, Started Avonex 1997. I've had a few mild flares, but my MRIs have been stable. I didn't start Avonex until my 3-year post MRI showed VERY AGGRESSIVE MS. I simply was "wait and see" until I went back and they saw the "silent" progression.

My Avonex has slowed progression, but 18 years later, I'm in the slow downward spiral. I'm just considering the switch (scared of adjusting to new meds, PML, etc.).

Also, I'm on SSDI, how does Medicare pay for Tysabri? Thanks, so much, for your input!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

I'm 48 been stable on tysabri for the last 3 years. I'm on medicare. Medicare covers tysabri & the cost of the infusion at 80%..then my supplimental insurance covers the last 20%. i have not had a bill the entire time i have been on tysabri.

i was on patient asistance for the betaseron i used before i started tysabri. i paid a mailing of $20 every three months.
    tysabri costs me less out of pocket than betaseron.

tysabri costs me the price of gas in my car to drive to the infusion center...but i pay $240 monthly premium for my supplemental medicare insurance.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I have been on Tysabri for 5 1/2 yrs. I have the same experience with Medicare and my secondary as 0485c10.
      Good luck with your decision!
      Linda

Comment

Working...
      X