Ty infusion #7 Still Crushing Fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ty infusion #7 Still Crushing Fatigue

Im just venting. I had number seven last week and overall I have no bad side effects and I have not had a flare in eight months and brain MRI has been stable for seven.

So Ty is doing its job, but I with I had the improvement of disability that so many have reported. My hands and feet are not better than before and fatigue continues to be a huge issue. I take all the supplements to no avail and take nuvigil on days when I know I will need an extra boost.

I'm not actually complaining, I just want others who are starting to set the proper expectation for themselves. It will most likely slow down your progression and maybe even halt it, but you may not get better, which is ok too :-)
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Melissa,
    I can second all that you have written. I've had 21 infusions with no flairs and no progression on my latest MRI. However, I still am having a slight worsening in my walking ability. I'm able to walk short distances without assistance and a relatively good distance with trekking poles or a food cart. I have a rollator that I haven't used yet. My neurologist said Tysabri should slow down the progression, stop the flairs, and ideally stop the progression. I'm not there, but I continue to seek all avenues for potential improvement. Keep the hope!

Comment

Ty is like all other MS drugs that they affect people differently, If I remember correctly it was about 6-8 infusions before I noticed any difference, but then again it is just an added bonus that it does that as it is not intended to.

Have either one of you looked into Ampyra, I take both and it has really helped my walking. But there again it works for some and not at all for others. I personally am a poster child for Ampyra as it makes a tremendous difference for me.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
      X