Just had #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had #2

After my first iv last month...most of the month I felt ok...didn't feel any worse off. I experienced fatigue about 3 hours or so afterwards that lasted about 2 hours until I drank several glasses of water...to my suprise the fatigue lifted. I wonder if it has to do with the sodium you're getting that's mixed with the drug. It's probably both...but water seems to help regardless.

I had my 2nd infusion yesterday and the fatigue was lessened somewhat because of me drinking more water before and afterwards in anticipation. The only thing different is that it seemed like my heartbeat/pulse seemed to be slightly faster/pumping harder at night before sleep. Not sure if this is a widely experience side effect or not. Guess I'm not sure what tysabri does to blood pressure. Of course it could have been that I took a pill for my neuropathy late last night...and the two combined may have created that.

I feel fine this morning though. Quite good, actually. A lot of the other people at the iv center were really friendly and talkative so it was actually fun to go there and get to know people who are in the similar situation you're in. That you can open up and talk about your worries and laugh a bit in the process. I've heard of some people having to sit there with complainers or downers...but then again my symptoms are probably on the more mild side when compared to those who can't walk and speak well. Whatever the case...I'm waiting on my liver ALT tests to make sure that tysabri isn't spiking those like Rebif did...which is why I got off it last fall.

Anyway...hope for the best with everyone out there! TGIF!

I just had #1 today. I was scared out of my mind, but several hours later I feel about the same as normal. The nurse practitioner told me that most people he infuses are sometimes more tired the next day, but then have a spike in energy a few days later that sort of wanes until the next infusion. Any increase in energy would be nice, but I'm trying not to have any expectations.

I'm glad things are going well for you!
    ~Lisa~
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

Hey there, Lisa! Glad to hear your first infusion seems to have gone well! I've only had two, so I don't have much experience from which to speak, but so far, so good, no side effects, not even tired the next day. Just feel like me. I haven't particularly experienced a spike in energy, or a decrease in such at the end of the month before my next infusion (but I've only had one cycle of that to experience). I'm just planning on this being our miracle, preventing progression, protecting our precious assets!

Good luck with it all!

Take care,
      Kim

Comment

Good luck and best wishes to the 3 of you on your Tysabri journey I am very thankful to Ty ... hope you all do, at least, as well as I I had #66 last Fri !!
        Linda

Comment

Working...
        X