Back on Tysabri after high dose antibiotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on Tysabri after high dose antibiotics

I just had my 40th infusion after having had to wait while I recovered from IV antibiotics, Daptomycin, for an infection in my big toe that was brought on by a podiatrist that didn't clean the toe enough. I developed a strep infection in the toe where he had removed the ingrown toenail which then went into osteomyelitis. I had 6 weeks of this awful anitbiotic which is so harsh on the veins, arteries, and heart.

I survived the antibiotics, not the costs, and now that I have had the infusion I am wondering if I should have done it, too late for worry, or should get off of Ty for good.

I am JCVirus + and I am now have had 40 infusions.

I have been trying to wait on the new pill but may not be able to wait that long. I just need to get opinions of people about what they would do in my situation.

Thank you for your input!
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

A couple years back I had pseudemonis (sp?); was on heavy antibiotics and pain meds. This happened because a nurse was removing stitches, was busy chatting-didn't practice cleanliness like she needed to and got my area infected
    I have stayed on Ty-don't know if jcv- or +
    Linda

Comment

Linda, you didn't say how many infusions you have had or I missed it. I am sorry that you had to go through your infection. Gotta love the absent-minded people that come in to help you!
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

I've had 66 infusions-started Ty 10/2006
        Linda

Comment

Wow..that's a lot a infusions but up to now you seem positive about tysabri. How many did you miss? I just have 1 yr on Ty and can ONLY speak for myself. I would continue with consult with neuro, and if I didn't miss more than one infusion.

I believe that we have to choose a path. Sometimes there is a risk....or a reward. Only you can weigh and decide. Good luck . (Sue that Dr...you were doing great) Yo have the info on using tysabri....its worked on for 5 years..Gotta do what your gut says
          [I]Tellnhelen
          Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Working...
          X