Ascend Tysabri Trial for SPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascend Tysabri Trial for SPMS

Updated my home page(Tysabri page 2 1/26/2012) to include links to 2 articles announcing the start of phase 3b study of tysabri use in SPMS. one article by pharmiweb and one article by NASDAQ.

i suspect there are many using tysabri that are SP, already, just still diagnosed RR for insurance flexibility.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Have SPPMS went to drs yesterday and asked if I was willing to take Tysabri a study was starting. Just catching up on all articles from everyone currently taking Tysabri. Right now I'm scared. I have a pump so an MRI is awkward and I'm sorry for doing that. If I decide to take Tysabri, will post.

Comment

Tysabri seems to be working for me.

I'm dx'd with RR, though I believe I'm either PPMS or SPMS, my first symptoms occurred 12 years ago.

About 7 years ago I started using a cane, within two years when my office was moved I got a scooter for use outside my home, and a few years later got an electric wheel chair for indoors.

My cognitive issues are very minor, best as I can tell due as much to my age (63) as MS.

I've taken C, R, and Novantrone before switching to T about four and half years ago. I'm also taking Ampyra.

I have anti-bodies to the PML virus, this will not get me off T.

I am fairly certain that T has delayed progression - I'm still able to walk and enjoy life greatly.

During the past year I moved and left my wheelchair in my large old house, not needing it in my new apartment. During the last six months I had PT - physical therapy - and a Walkaide. I also exercise an hour or two a week on indoor bicycle.

I no longer have spasticity in my thighs during the day - it used to be very painful, and don't need Tizanadine at dinner time, taking it bed time only because I'm in the habit and it makes me drowsy. I rarely take pain killers with the exception of Celebrex due to a slightly arthritic hip. I used to be a very regular Tylenol user.

I consider myself very, very fortunate and think Tysabri is really helping.

Comment

I'm not sure what it says on my paperwork, but my doc dx'd me as SPMS. That was in October. I've had 3 Tysabri infusions and no insurance hiccups.
        At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

I am probably spms-dx 1988. Tysabri has been great for me
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X