Toe Nail Fungus--Tea Tree Oil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe Nail Fungus--Tea Tree Oil!

Since i have been using Tysabri Toe nail fungus is a fairly new issue for me.
    i'm not getting athlete's foot, sometimes i look at the fungus in my big toe and think athletes foot has to be there and i'm not feeling it. but i can feel my feet and its not there, but toe fungus is.

toe fungus is common in nursing home patients and those with a lowered immune system--i'm uncertain why tysabri affects me this way when i have no other infections, just ugly toe nails that fall off and regrow?

this is not the first tysabri support group i have posted in and in my first there was another woman who had this same issue with toe nail fungus.

its such a minor issue, its not worth complaining about--but i wanted to pass on a real good anti fungal creme i found in case anyone else has this issue & isn't complaining about it, because its not worth the effort.

TEA TREE OIL!

Thursday Plantation
    Australia's Original
    Anti-Fungal Treatment
    For skin under and surrounding the nails.

I get it at a health food store.

took care of it multiple times for me when other things i tried did nothing. This month i think i will use it weekly as a preventative instead of waiting for my nails to go blue/black. See if that works better. I also wash my socks inside out for the last few years.

never had an issue with it before tysabri, didn't even know what it was at first. that's what mom's are for, to tell you things like that. she has had an issue with athletes foot for a long time and recognized toe fungus for what it was. maybe its genetic?. don't have an issue with athletes foot currently or in the past.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Tea tree oil is great for fungus, and for other skin conditions (including basal cell carcinoma, according to recent studies) as well.

Just a note of caution: using it full-strength, especially for an extended period of time, may be too irritating for some people. If so, diluting it with a neutral oil (jojoba is good) or buying it already diluted may be a better choice.

Comment

I had a big problem with toenail fungus while on Tysabri. I had to have a nail removed! That didn't even fix the problem. It took being on Lamisil for a year to finally clear it up.

I was only on Ty a year, but suffered with the toenail fungus from being on it for a couple of years.

I had to go off Ty because I developed NABs, got more lesions.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

lemisil was one i tried and it did nothing. I didn't ever have to get my nail cut off, it fell off on its own then began to regrow healthy. (multiple times already). I wish you had been able to try tee tea oil & wouldn't it be funny if you were the woman from the other message board that had toe fungus while using Tysabri & we were the only 2 that had that issue?
        xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Interesting!! I started using Avonex almost 12 years ago and almost immediately I developed toe nail fungus. I called the Avonex pharmacist to report and get some feedback on whether this was common or reported elsewhere. They had never heard or had reports of this nature. Because I was on an interferon, my pcp didn't want to to take the commom fungus med that was also hard on the liver. So, I decided that A was more important than having nice toenails.

Fast forward to many years later, my fungus continues to get worse... I inquired about the newer laser treatment with my foot Dr. and he stated that results weren't 100% and wouldn't recommend it, based on the condition of my nails.

I've tried numerous home remedies, none that work. Haven't tried tea tree oil, but always willing to try something new.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have Ms with toenails

I have had this issue with one of big toenails before. I went to you tube and found All Stop products by Qbased Solutions and ordered online

It took about 6 weeks of daily application before it cleared. It clears the fungus so that as your nail grows out the "affected" part can be clipped off and no more fungus grows. It worked really well for me. But anyway is there any connection of my MS to my toenail fungus?**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Had toenail fungus when I was on Tysabri. Never had it in my LIFE, until TY. Now that I am off Tysabri, I no longer have the nail fungus. Nothing I used, cured it. Wish I had known about this. Nice of you to share!
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

That's so odd because I have been wondering if I have toenail fungus. I've been on Tysabri for 5 years. I did get mild fungus once before from a pedicure many years ago. But it it involved white blotches on my toenails.

Now what I'm getting are patches of dark gray almost. What does the fungus look like that people have gotten? I haven't had a pedicure in 9 months.

Thanks for any info!

Comment

YUP - same problem with infection

three months on cut and I developed an infection on two fingernails. dermatologist says its bacterial and I'm on my second course of cipro. the nail is rippled and won't grow flat. I just cut them both as short as possible. never thought of tea tree oil. thanks

Comment

Thanks!

I have had ringworm or what appears to be for the last six months... anyone else?

I have been doing the prescription creams even did the oral meds but they made me so sick so I will try this now

It must be the tysabri bc no one else has it in my house

Thanks I will try to oil!

Comment

I have developed fungus under one big toe since being on Tysabri. My PCP advised that none of the prescriptions for this really work that well, etc.... I read in one of those books about household remedies that soaking toe in Listerine for 5 minutes a day was effective....I am going to try it and will let you know if it helps!
                      "If it is to be it is up to me" Gertrude Tyne

Comment

Working...
                      X