MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI

Hi everyone, I had by 7th treatment yesterday. It went well and went straight home to sleep. I have noticed an improvement in my MS and so grateful for that. My question is how long is a person on tysabri before he needs an MRI. I do not have the antibody JCV and had the last MRI Jan. 2011.
    Thanks

When I was on Ty I got MRI's every six months. That was the protocol for my neurologist.

Be well,

Comment

At my only relapse after starting ty, a year after i started. None since(2 years), none planned. i asked for the mri, doc didn't think it was needed, she did think the 5 days of IV steroids were.

PML is always a concern with ms symptoms and Tysabri. For me at least. But PML is a disease of the brain. Not of the optic nerve or spinal cord. The relapse was ON, so that couldn't have been caused by PML. i was concerned when my feet also became very heavy. That was likely from lesions in my neck, which also couldn't be caused by PML. But i was worried, she ordered the MRI at my request. It showed an active lesion on my optic nerve, non in my brain of neck. I'm not sure why my feet became heavy? she has none planned for future & i'm not concerned about getting one. I plan to work with the Touch program & if i get symptoms that COULD originate from brain lesion the i will be interested in getting a mri again.
      xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for answering my question so fast. Does anyone have severe fatigue during the week of the IV infusion. By the second week, I am a little stronger, etc. I mentioned this to my neuro and he said that I will adapt to the infusion if not he could start provigil, I think? How could I help myself with the fatigue and pain? My life changed so much and it is so hard for my family.

Comment

It was impotant to me to be fluidized, i was restricting fluids to control incontince...that worked ok before tysabri. caused a lot of fatigue after i started tysabri.

i'm not as incontinent even though i don't restrict fluids now.

I control the amouint of fluids i drink by the bp they get when they are doing the infusion...if its lowetr than normal i know i;m getting lazy about drinkiong again, so i concentrate on drinking more the next month.

not being fluidized causes sore muscles too.

Still there is a day or 2 after the infusion that i like to sleep. not as much as earlier though.
          xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by anney3 View Post
            Thank you for answering my question so fast. Does anyone have severe fatigue during the week of the IV infusion. By the second week, I am a little stronger, etc. I mentioned this to my neuro and he said that I will adapt to the infusion if not he could start provigil, I think? How could I help myself with the fatigue and pain? My life changed so much and it is so hard for my family.
            Just curious where you are in the Poconos.
            I grew up in Honesdale back in the 70's and my folks had a cottage in Ironwood Point on lake Wallenpaupack.
            Wish I could help, but just wanted to share.

Comment

Working...
            X