Medicare Part D open enrollment begins today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicare Part D open enrollment begins today

Hi ty-people on medicare with a part d plan.

open enrollment starts today & i wanted to relate what happened to me last year.

Part D allows the providers to switch the drug fomulary they provide in each plan yearly. When i was using betaseron i was diligent about checking if betaseron was still covered in my plan every november . since ty is an iv drug and covered in medicare part b, instead of part d, i got lazy and didn't check it last year.

with the rise in pml, i grew concerned i might have to switch to one of the self injectibles again. THEN I CHECKED TO SEE IF THEY WERE STILL IN MY DRUG FORMULARY AS THEY HAD BEEN FOR THE PREVIOUS 5 YEARS.

AND IT WASN'T. they had changed the drug formulary so all people needing an expensive specialty med had to be in a certain plan to get their meds. and it wasn't in my plan. i had top wait until next year to get into a plan with MS drugs.

it has made me jittery all year, knowing i could not switch if i wanted to/or needed to.

today is the first day i can switch to a different plan for next year & i am doing it today. not that i want to switch from ty, but i want to know that i can if i need to.

So I am pleading with people on medicare using medicare part d, to check their drug formulary that it still includes the other MS drugs if for some reason you need to switch next year.
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for the information. I don't need to know that now, but it sounds so complicated that I do read a lot about it already - seems like it will take years to get it all straight. What is the best way to know? Can you just got to a medicare web site and find out? When you sign up don't they give you all the information?

We will probably stay with a medicare advantage program, just we have been with an HMO for 35 years now and we know it and how it works. If we do, then isn't everything covered the same as it is now with paying for the insurance?

I have loved being older. Never liked being a kid. But I get a little scared now when I think about being 80 or 90 or 100. Memory going already and although besides MS no health problems, just seems like something I looked forward to is now something I don't.

Did you see Alex's web site today. The number went up again after being quiet for awhile.

Comment

Working...
    X