CAN TY START MENOPAUSE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAN TY START MENOPAUSE?

Just wondering? I am 43 years old and started Ty a month ago. I have always had a regular cycle since I was 12. The other day my cycle started 2 weeks early and lasted 1 day. Completely out of the norm for me.

Is it at all possible that this could be the start of menopause.

If not, can Ty affect a women's cycle?
    Diagnosed 10 years.
    Started Ty in Sept 2011

I haven't heard that it can start early menopause like chem drugs can.

but drugs.com list painful periods as s possible side affect.

when biogen reported the results of the trials to get tysabri re approved in 2006. in the briefing one of the side affects the listed that were more common in the ty group than the placebo group was menstrual irregularaties. Page 105. Specific menstrual disorders observed dysmenorrhea(pain with menstration), menstrual irregularities, and amenorrhea(absense of menstration in woman of reproductive ages)

i didn't know what amenorrhea was. you read it because i can't continue to paraphrase it. it was very low and they ended it by saying the incidents of menstrual disorder over all was not increased. its like tysasbri versus plecebo.... irregular menstruation 3.1% versus 1.5%
    overall menstrual disorders..12.9% verses 11.7%

I'm 48 and if you go through my past post i have complained about it from day 1!!! i think that is the one side affect i have gotten. but at my age(certainly) and your age too, its tough to know if its natural or tysdabri induced???

and ms is so strongly affected by hormones too.

i found that if my period followed my infusion closely like the start was in a few days or a week i had trouble. so i always tried to schedule so my period was the week before when TY was at its lowest concentration in me.

page 105. Read the Briefing your self on it....its like MS even if its rare you don't know if you are gonna be the rare one.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/...l%20Review.pdf
    xxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

To 0485

Thanks for your response. very informative and really well written 10/10. I was looking it up on the internet and your responxe gave me similar, more and better information

Really good forum when you have a question and want an answer
      Diagnosed 10 years.
      Started Ty in Sept 2011

Comment

Working...
      X