Does TY cause a lot of illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does TY cause a lot of illness

Hello...I am considering tysabri as my med...my question is: How many people on this board are using Ty and do any of you have secondary infections that occur often since doing Ty.

I am just a little worried about bad side effects because I don't tolerate medications very well. I know everyone is different but I was just wondering the general consensus of people regarding secondary infections.

In other words, is this common in most people or just a small few.

Thanks.
    littlenutty

I actually was less sick while I was on Ty. I didn't even get as much as a common cold.

Ty seemed to help with all aspects of my crazy immune system My colitis remitted, eczema cleared up, and MS symptoms got better.

Good luck with your decision.

Be well,

Comment

KarenR

Originally posted by Christie View Post
      Hello...I am considering tysabri as my med...my question is: How many people on this board are using Ty and do any of you have secondary infections that occur often since doing Ty.

I am just a little worried about bad side effects because I don't tolerate medications very well. I know everyone is different but I was just wondering the general consensus of people regarding secondary infections.

In other words, is this common in most people or just a small few.

Thanks.
      Thanks Karen...See I never get sick now..That is why I am worried about Ty..Don't want to get sick on top of MS but don't want MS to progress either...Not asking for much am I??...LOL!!!
      littlenutty

Comment

I haven't had any infections at all since starting Ty in Jan/feb 2010. But, I didn't have any infections before that while on CRABs, either so I may not be a very good example. I used to have "chronic bronchitus" and can truthfully say I'm sure glad I haven't had to deal with it in a long time.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

For the first 3 years I was less sick. After that maybe a yearly or twice yearly cold.
          I know a few get UTIs but, not the majority.
          Good luck
          Linda

Comment

For the first 5 months I got a number of UTIs, sinus infections, and yeast infections (sorry guys!). After about the 6th months those slowly started to taper off, and by my year mark I didn't get them anymore.

Comment

For me, after 4 wks I got a real bad cold. I hadn't had 1 in 3-4 yrs. 2nd time bad leg pain. Then a few days later sick from colitis the rest of the month all day long. I'm going for the 3rd in a few days, I really don't understand. Hope you do better.

Comment

6 mos into taking Ty, I'm having more sxs, like spascity and back pain the week before the infusion..So far, I seem to be better for 3 wks then feel bad for 1 week.....have not had more illness than before Ty
                [I]Tellnhelen
                Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

dee-dee

Originally posted by dee-dee View Post
                  For me, after 4 wks I got a real bad cold. I hadn't had 1 in 3-4 yrs. 2nd time bad leg pain. Then a few days later sick from colitis the rest of the month all day long. I'm going for the 3rd in a few days, I really don't understand. Hope you do better.
                  Sorry, you haven't been feeling well. Thank you for your response. I wish you well soon.
                  littlenutty

Comment

Ty is used for Chrons (sp?) disease too. I'm not sure if it's the same dosage but I've had problems for years and think it may be helping a little bit in that area as well.
                    What if trials of this life
                    Are Your mercies in disguise?
                    "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Working...
                    X