Tecfidera and eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and eating

I have been having trouble with eating certain foods and feeling nauseated or severe stomach cramps. It seems to depend on what I eat. Has anyone found that certain foods agree with you better than others? I am trying to find something I can eat.

I just started Tecfidera five days ago myself. I am not on the full dose yet but I have been eating for breakfast either cottage cheese and a smoothie or today I had cottage cheese and a English muffin with avocado on it. I also have eaten a jimmy dean delight sandwich. I also then take my pill with a full glass of water.

Dinner I just tried to eat a protein like chicken and a bunch of vegetables. Then take my pill with a full glass of water. So far I have not had any stomach issues. Let me know if you find any foods that agree with you. Eggs are also good Whether it's just the egg white or the whole egg.

Comment

HI!

I've been on Tec for just over a year now. Everyone's food experience seems to be a little different. A consistent complaint is that acidic foods, like spaghetti sauce make stomach issues worse. In the beginning I always made sure to eat a protein, carb and fat with my medicine. Scrambled eggs with toast was a good breakfast. Dinner was usually easy enough.

Now, I can eat much less, like a Greek yogurt and be just fine. I admit I am still scared to take Tec on an empty stomach. I did that once and learned my lesson. Many people say it does not bother them to do so though. I hope you figure out what works for you.

Comment

Tecfidera

I'll throw in my two cents on foods, here. The advice I got at the beginning (two years ago) was eat with a protein and a fat. For me, eggs were perfect. I'm not an egg lover, but I ate them every darn morning for a year or more before I felt I could back off. Dinners were always easier, but even those were dicey at first. Salad simply didn't cut it... Now, two years later, I take the morning dose with a Protein Breakfast shake and can take it with anything at dinner. Even salad or a small bowl of soup seem to be sufficient. I haven't taken on an empty stomach, and I don't intend to.
        ~ Marie
        Initial symptoms - March 2014
        Diagnosis - June 2014

Comment

Working...
        X