Stinging Flushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinging Flushing?

I've been on Tecfidera for a few years now and I still flush. That doesn't bother me and I know you need food and a low dose aspirin at each Tec pill helps but sometimes I still flush. That's not my issue...it stings where I'm flushing and wonder if others experience the stinging?
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Originally posted by Curious1 View Post
    I've been on Tecfidera for a few years now and I still flush. That doesn't bother me and I know you need food and a low dose aspirin at each Tec pill helps but sometimes I still flush. That's not my issue...it stings where I'm flushing and wonder if others experience the stinging?
    I was on Tecfidera for over 2 years and got off of it due to insane flushing.

- I am no longer on Tecfidera since July 5, 2015, but still flush. For me, the flushing would become painful on my face, including ears. In this state you could clearly see the painful areas as being red (due to increased blood flow).

- I also had a secondary type of flushing that was more reactive and that felt more like a significant sunburn. For example, if I walk outside on a hot & humid day my face immediately starts to burn (sunburn). Steam (sizzling fajitas) and other things can also cause the reaction.

Both situations are painful and unnerving. I recently started a beta-blocker to try and reduce the flushing, but nothing stellar.

Comment

Tecfidera and Flushing

I have been taking Tecfidera for several years now and I still flush, also. Not every time but I would say twice a week. I feel my scalp start to tingle/sting then my face, neck, upper chest and arms get bright red. It is truly a startling transformation. The flushing lasts a few minutes and is gone. I make an effort to have something in my stomach before I take the capsules but I do not and have never taken any aspirin with the Tecfidera. There are some medical reasons not to do so.

My neurologist continues to be amazed that I am still flushing but it not particularly concerned about it. To me it is a small price to pay for not having to self-inject ever again.

Comment

My neurologist continues to be amazed that I am still flushing but it not particularly concerned about it. To me it is a small price to pay for not having to self-inject ever again. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree, it's far more tolerable than self injection!
        Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

Comment

I still have occasional flushing, especially if I miss a dose. It itches and burns, and creates red splotches on my legs. I can feel it starting on my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious1 View Post
            YEP, same with me. I've been o Tec a few years and still get the flush AND the sting, I also get itchy.

Comment

Working...
            X