My Second Try with Tecfidera!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Second Try with Tecfidera!

Hey MS World! I've not been here for awhile. My world has been turned upside down, but I am thankful things are doing better.

I am starting Tecfidera for the second time, and I am excited. The last time I took it ended in December 2013. I have a few questions.

Exactly what symptoms has Tecfidera helped improve for you? My MS is worsening slowly. I currently suffer from fatigue, insomnia, optic neuritis (2008), and incontinence.

Over the past few months, my chronic pain continues to worsen. Does Tecfidera help with chronic pain?

I don't mean to sound like I am whining. I am not. I am very THANKFUL that through my LORD I can walk. I am thankful for some energy, some sleep, vision in my right eye, for Poise pads, for pain medication, for my doctors, for my leg braces, for my husband, for my bed, my bathroom, my bathtub, my hot washcloths, my cold water bottles, my BIBLE, my heating pad (yeah, I know, it needs to go), my socks, my tank tops (so I can go braless at times), my wheelchair, walker, potty chair, for the little birds that sing to me in the morning and for the frogs that sing me to me at night, for the rain that cools me off when I am hot flashing, for the heat when I am cold, for the cold when I am hot, for milk I drink when I cannot eat, for prayer, for my church, for my Dad who loves me so much, for mercy, grace, and salvation, and for MS WORLD!

Thank you for your input!
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Yes and no

I have dramatically improved with Tecfidera. But, it is very individual.

At the beginning, I noticed a mild improvement.

Then I took a proactive course in weaning myself off of Lyrica and decreasing my Cymbalta. I knew that I could not totally wean off of them. I was okay with that. I weaned them off very very very slowly.

About 6 months after I started tecfidera, I started taking the supplements acety-l-carnitine, and alpha lipoic acid. This improved my symptoms even more.

I then started the Whal Protocal Diet. And, have since taken those supplements away, because, I am eating the equivalent.

My neurologist says I am starting to look like my old self before I had MS. Now, I am having issues with pain from arthritis that is giving me fits. But, neuro says I can still walk (not physically) around most.
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Hi tired_teacher, I have been on tec for 3 years. I have not seen any improvement in my sx's but I have not had a relapse which I Thank God for.

Your many blessings you are thankful for are an inspiration and I know with God there is always hope.

I hope you do well and see some improvement on Tec.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
      X