tecfidera and flonase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tecfidera and flonase

Has anyone ever taken flonase while taking tecfidera? After 2 months of getting over a sinus infection I developed a problem with post nasal drip and ear problems from fluid build up. Doctor prescribed flonase and advised me that it would be safe to use. It does seem to be helping.

Wondering if anyone else has used flonase while taking tecfidera.

I have not taken Techfidera but I do have experience with Flonase. Flonase is budesenide which is a steroid. It's not advisable to take steroids if you are on immune suppressing DMTs.

But, steroids administered through the lungs or nose are the safest because there is very little systemic absorption. Someone with direct experience with Tech and Flonase might have a different viewpoint.

I am on Tysabri which has strict guidelines not to take steroids while on it. I have been using inhaled budesenide while on it and there have been no problems. I would say, of all the medications there are, Flonase is very benign.

Flonase also could help with the side effects of Tech. Some people say their nose runs. If it helps, use it and enjoy.

Comment

I have been using Flonase this spring. I haven't had any problems but maybe I should ask the pharm.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Tecfidera and Flonase

Just heard from my neurologist. Looks like using Flonase and Tecfidera is safe.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

took flonase along with my tec all last spring - fall. just started it up again. have not had any issues whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
            X