singulair - montelukast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

singulair - montelukast

I am starting Tecfidera today. I really appreciate all the comments about how to minimze GI side effects.
    My doctor has put me on singulair - montelukast to decrease the side effects. Does anyone know about this? When is the best time to take it? How well does it work? etc....
    Thanks
    Karen

I haven't tried it but Singulair has a lot of weird "side effects" that are good. How did, or does it work for you?
    ]
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi!

I started tec in July and did very well in the beginning with just eating a full meal. About 2 months in I started having mild stomach issues but nothing crazy. My mom mentioned it to her neurologist (she has ms too) and he said singulair too. My side effects went away on their own before I got a chance to test it. Let us know if it works... It would be a good to know just in case.

Comment

The singulair must be working! I started tec and singulair 9 days ago and NO GI side effects! I will be increasing my dosage in a few days. I'll keep in touch

Comment

Montelukast helped

Hi. Had HORRID GI upset when I started Tecfidera, like truly incapacitating symptoms. Probably amped up the dosage too quickly, though followed the biogen and dr.'s guidelines. At the suggestion of the dr., I started taking montelukast even though the idea of taking yet another drug did not appeal to me...AT ALL. But I did because I couldn't continue walking around feeling so awful. After a couple of days on the montelukast, I started to feel much better. I'm not without symptoms now, but what I am experiencing is tolerable. I've been on the drug for a couple of months.

Comment

sigular

I am currently on tec and I have taken singular since I started and for the first week had some gi issues. I then started taking a probiatic and that has taken care of the GI issues

Comment

Had no idea

Wow, I had no idea that physicians were prescribing singulair for issues with Tec. I've been on singulair for years for asthma and started Tec only two years ago. I've had no issues with Tec at all except for flushing (which is no big deal to me). Maybe that's a reason why...

Comment

Working...
              X