lymphocytes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lymphocytes

Just had my first blood work set done since starting tec. In October, lymphocyte count was 1.7 and in February is 1.1. That seems like a big drop in 4 months. Anyone have any knowledge about this? I know if you get to 0.8 they are recommending a break but seems like a big drop in a short period of time.
    Diagnosed 2000 RRMS. Copaxone 2000 - 2010 Rebif 2010 - 2013 Copaxone 2013 - 2014 Tecfidera October 2014
    "You can't appreciate the good days without the bad ones."

total wbc

What was your total wbc count?
    You are in the driver's seat, but God is holding the map

Comment

krystine according to tecfidera, your count will drop but then even out. your dr (& you) should keep an eye on your count. 0.5 (or 500 when you move the decimal point over three) is what tecfidera writes about in their info, & that's bad.

personally, if i had had more regular blood tests (more frequent than every 6 months) & knew my lymphocyte count was going under 1,000 i'd seriously think about a break or stopping tec.

hindsight! but i didn't know my count was plummeting or what that could really cause. my count got to 260 i stopped tec, now i have shingles. i'm just hoping i return to normal levels now.

anyway, keep an eye out!
      MS dx's 2000
      Tysabrian

¤ fate is not just who's cooking smells good, but which way the wind blows ¤

Comment

Working...
      X