neutrophil & lymphocyte counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neutrophil & lymphocyte counts

I looked into my blood lab results. The last time I was on Tecfidera I had a sinus infection. The WBC went up, neutrophils went up and lymphocytes went down.
    I think this is what happened again. I am getting over the sinus infection. On Wednesday my WBC went up to 6.08. My neutrophils went up and my lymphocytes went down again.
    My neuro was thinking about discontinuing Tec because of th lymphocyte drop.
    Does this situation happen to others?
    I guess I need to get over the sinus infection and have another CBC.
    I have continued to take Tecfidera as prescribed.

I am waiting to get healthy enough to get an accurate CBC drawn - as it stands now, since starting Tec 1 year ago, I have had bronchitis 4 times and most recently pneumonia. I was waiting to finish my abx for the pneumonia and let my body get back to "normal" when I was diagnosed with a UTI and am on yet another abx. I'm so frustrated.

My doc said that there is a period around 3 months into this therapy were some patients will drop their count, and then again at a year. My 3 month draw looked OK. I'm just frustrated that I've been so sick. I have never in my life been sick like this. On top of MS, it's miserable.

Hope you get some answers.

Comment

Thanks for posting your experiences. I have been on Tec for m2 months and I had blood drawn last week. I can view the results, online, but I am not a doctor. I don't know what I am looking at. I will get an email to my PCP and ask about this.

Comment

Hi pballer,
        I wonder if this is a known side effect of Tec? I don't remember reading about these neutrophils ? and lymphocytes ? in the Biogen literature. I hope my doctors are aware of this possibility.

Comment

Working...
        X