New to Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Tecfidera

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I posted on here. I was dx'ed with MS in 2001 and was prescribed Rebif. After being young and stubborn I decided that I no longer needed it and went into a stage where I didn't believe I had MS. I just hit 30 and something in me clicked and I started to realize that if I do have it, I better take care of myself.

I went to a new neurologist since I moved. He did a spinal and a brain MRI and looked at my previous medical records. He did indeed confirm that I have MS. I didn't want to hear that, but I wasn't surprised.

He is starting me on Tecfidera since I absolutely hate giving myself shots and probably weaned myself off of them because of that. The medicine will be on my doorstep on Friday.

So since I'm new to this drug I'm not very familiar with any side effects or what to do about them if they occur. He mentioned flushing and said taking a baby aspirin every day would help. Has anyone tried this or is there anything that helps more?

Also, he warned me about GI symptoms. I have a pretty crazy stomach already and I'm not looking forward to these. Has anyone experienced these problems and if so what did you do to cope?

Thank you all so much in advance!
    DX'd 10-7-05

"We may be ill, but we are not weak!" - Montel Williams
Working...
X