Hey Tec users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tec users!

I am almost done with my first month of Tecfidera For the last three days I have been having some serious get aches accompanied by some slight diarrhea. The abdominal pain is getting to be more than I can stand. Anyone have any luck with over-the-counter meds to help with pain? I have used Imodium. And I bought some liquid Mylanta today. Any suggestions and how long do you think this will last. Other than that, the meds are much better than taking shots
    God only promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

If you stumble, make it part of your dance

I got my doc to prescribe Zofran for the nausea, but haven't found anything that helps with the cramps and full-body chills that I get along with them. I've been on Tec for 6 weeks now and though things are better than they were, I'm still waking up at 4am (about 8hrs after evening dose) with all those GI symptoms. Oddly, only happens with evening dose. Maybe because my stomach is completely empty or something? Anyway, hope your issues get better! If not, I'd ask the doc for the zofran. It really helped me when the nausea was at its worst.
    JilliO

Comment

Tecfidera User

I started Tecfidera in July and had similar issues of stomach pain, bloating and diarea. My neuroligist put me on Atropine - 1 tablet before means and it worked! You may want to consult with your Neuro about this med.

Comment

Working...
      X