Text book experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text book experience

Hi all! I started taking Tecfidera after being diagnosed on 10/16/14. My doc said it would be a rough month, but that after about a month 99% of his patients tolerate the drug well.

Well, he was right: It was a rough month. I had terrible GI side effects and felt pretty much awful once I started on the 240 dosage. I'd wake up in the middle of the night for hours with cramps, nausea, chills, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Then, I'd be exhausted and nauseous all day. This lasted for 3 weeks straight. But then, on about Day 30 of taking the medicine, all the side effects started to dissipate. Now, the GI problems are MUCH more mild and far less frequent. I feel energetic, am sleeping and eating normally, and am starting to feel like myself again!

I hope this offers hope to others who are suffering through the first month of side effects... and I hope you all get relief soon!
    JilliO

Oh dear. I'm only on day 2.....I really hope Tecfidera works for me, Copaxone did not. Busiest time of year for me as I own a retail business so I can't afford any tummy trouble!

Comment

tecfidera

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. I never had any GI problems but I do take align probiotic daily. I also have peanut butter at breakfast everyday.
      I started in July. Been pretty easy for me. The nurse who was handling my case told me to make sure to have your bowels in good working order. She felt that patients who had constipation did not do as well.
      I guess I was lucky. I think probiotics may be helpful.
      Good Luck

Comment

Glad you are feeling yourself again. I started tec in August and haven't had any trouble at all. Have chronic constipation and was hoping tec would help that but not so. I do however, have a constant pain on one ovary since starting and not sure if it is a side affect. The pain is exactly in the same spot - I can point right to it. Blood work, ultrasound and OB exam all normal. Docs don't know what it is so I'm wondering if it is just a side affect. Grrrr.

Comment

Working...
        X